Rescue Mission seeks donations
The Rome Rescue Mission is asking for help with providing holiday meals to those less fortunate. It needs 500 turkeys this Thanksgiving.
Donations for the Great Thanksgiving Basket & Banquet are being accepted 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Friday at the group’s distribution center, located at 280 E. Dominick St. They can also be brought to 413 E. Dominick St. between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Besides turkeys, the Rescue Mission needs stuffing, cranberry sauce, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, dinner rolls, vegetables, corn, green beans, coffee, hot cocoa, creamer, sugar, milk, juice, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, ingredients for a tossed salad, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and pies and other desserts.
Monetary donations are also accepted. Checks can be mailed to PO Box 337, Rome 13440.
To make an online donation, visit Romemission.org.
- 9:00am 02/18/18‘Sister Act’ to take stage in Camden
- 9:00am 02/18/18Playful former stray Dozer seeks to play ball with new family
- 9:00am 02/18/18Robotics team overcomes barriers to share love of STEM
- 9:00am 02/18/18Utica restaurant among 100 most romantic restaurants in America
- 9:00am 02/18/18Wonder Woman not afraid to be judged in Philadelphia