Rescue Mission seeks donations
The Rome Rescue Mission is asking for help with providing holiday meals to those less fortunate. It needs 500 turkeys this Thanksgiving.
Donations for the Great Thanksgiving Basket & Banquet are being accepted 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Friday at the group’s distribution center, located at 280 E. Dominick St. They can also be brought to 413 E. Dominick St. between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Besides turkeys, the Rescue Mission needs stuffing, cranberry sauce, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, dinner rolls, vegetables, corn, green beans, coffee, hot cocoa, creamer, sugar, milk, juice, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, ingredients for a tossed salad, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and pies and other desserts.
Monetary donations are also accepted. Checks can be mailed to PO Box 337, Rome 13440.
To make an online donation, visit Romemission.org.
- 9:00am 09/16/18Rome author stirs the senses with dishes from around the world
- 9:00am 09/16/18‘Peppermint’ fails to pack a memorable punch
- 9:00am 09/16/18Hummingbirds are fun to watch and important pollinators
- 9:00am 09/16/18Check out the latest — books and more — at Jervis
- 9:00am 09/16/18Trace keeps trying to find a permanent home, family