Pampering is remedy for talkative stray cat Pugsley
Hi there – Pugsley is the name – talking is my game!
How are you Winston? I am a 3-year-old male cat who was brought into the shelter as a stray in the beginning of November. Yes, that’s right, last year! Let me tell you and your readers a little bit about me, then hopefully someone can decide if I have a chance at being their one and only.
I am very talkative, a real chatterbox. I love attention, love to be held and love to be pampered. I would make a purr-fect lap cat which is rather desirable at this time of year, don’t you agree? Cold weather? Warm cat!
I would do well in a household that has teen-aged children, with no other cats or dogs.
One of my favorite things in the world to do is just sit and watch what is going on around me.
Sometimes I imagine I am sitting at a café in Paris, allowing my thoughts to roam, people watch, dog watch and just chill.
By the way, did you know they actually have “cat cafes” in Paris? But that’s another story for another time, for another column.
OK Winston, please see what you can do to help me out ---- and let your readers know that a Pugsley in the house will definitely make it more of a home.
You are a talker, hm? You seem like the perfect companion for someone who lives alone and needs that very special feline conversation. You do sound like a lovely young man who will definitely brighten up someone’s life. I wish you all of the luck in the world. I truly hope to list your name under “adoption updates” in my column in the very near future.
Best wishes, Winston
Winston Says More:
Thank you again to everyone who was kind enough to be a part of the matching “Double Donation December” “Save a Life Campaign” courtesy of StaffWorks.
You will be pleased to know that the funds generated will be put toward our shelter day-to-day operations: food for our animals, medical care and spaying and neutering. The expenses of running the shelter are oftentimes overwhelming but it’s great to know that people care so much. Thank you to everyone for taking the time to remember us and for your continued support. The Humane Society of Rome, and its animals, are so grateful.
The shelter is in immediate need of an air purifier for the Cat Room.
The ‘Bowling for Bowser’ event at King Pin Lanes, originally scheduled for Feb. 4, will be rescheduled. A new date will be announced soon.
Feb. 7 — Dining for the Dogs, Aquino’s Restaurant, 910 Floyd Ave., 4 to 7 p.m.
March 6 — Dining for the Dogs, Franklin Hotel, 301 S. James St., 4 to 7 p.m.
March 24 — Pictures with the Easter Bunny. Save the date, details to come!
The shelter is also in desperate need of a donation of a new snowblower. Please help us, winter is unfortunately here!
Items currently needed: Snowblower! Winter is here!
Caring for our animals requires a lot of time, love, money, and supplies. Donating wish list items helps us with the day-to-day care of our animals and supports our operational needs.
Items can be dropped off during the humane society hours of operation.
Remember, even used items can help our animals. We only ask that they are in good condition. If you have a question about a wish list item, please contact the shelter directly.
Remember all donations are tax deductible!
- Medium- and large-size kitten hammocks (they are found in pet stores in the ferret section)
- Medium covered litter boxes
- Small litter boxes – kitten size
- Small plush cat beds – kitten size
- Friskies or 9 Lives pate canned food
- Ceramic crocks for food and water – small and large
- Scoopable litter*
- Toys (especially toys that make noise, and small mice)
- Nylabone Dog Chew Bones for all size dogs
- Toys – variety
- Grain Free treats
- Raw Hide treats – all sizes
- Soft Treats – such as Bacon Strips, Pupperoni, etc.
General Shelter Supplies
- Garbage bags* – 13-gallon tall kitchen drawstring bags
- Garbage bags* – 39-gallon lawn/leaf drawstring bags
- Legal, letter, and small notepads
- Telephone message pads – 2-part carbonless
- Blank address labels – 1 X 2 5/8 and 2 X 4
- Manila 3-tab folders – letter size
- 25-gallon plastic tubs with lids
- Funding needed for a heavy duty snow blower
- New dehumidifiers – for cat room
- Dog-friendly ice melt
Gift certificates or gift cards to area merchants to purchase supplies as needed.
*We can never have enough of these items.
The Humane Society of Rome animal shelter is open on Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to
5 p.m.The shelter is also open on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information, contact the Humane Society of Rome by calling 315-336-7070 or stop by the shelter, 6247 Lamphear Road.
- 4:00pm 05/22/18RCIL hosts dinner to benefit senior program
- 9:00am 05/20/18Isle of Dogs is kind-hearted tale
- 9:00am 05/20/18Local man receives induction into State Senate Veterans Hall of Fame
- 9:00am 05/20/18Denti students on field for National Anthem in Syracuse
- 9:00am 05/20/18Fly-thru service