Meet Presley: The best lap cat in the world!
Greetings! Let me introduce myself — My name is Presley, and I am a 2-year-old male black and white feline who was brought into the shelter as a stray back in early December.
It’s hard to believe I am still here and it’s already the middle of May!
The most important thing I can tell everyone about me is that I am most definitely a lap cat. Whoever adopts me will have to be certain that once they sit down and give me the invitation to join them, that we will both be settled in for quite some time.
I don’t like to be picked up but I am 100 percent a lap cat. And so, this is my tale…the shelter staff thinks that when I was out running as a stray, at one time I may have gotten one of my front paws caught in a trap (but I pulled free) because I walk, run and play with a limp. That most certainly does not hinder me in any way and I live my life to the fullest!
I would do best in an adult home with no small children. As a side note, I also love treats (don’t we all?) So there you have it Winston, me in a nutshell! Please spread the word that I am available immediately.
Thank you, kind sir! Love, Presley
You’ve been at the Shelter since December?
You need to come to the front of your cage more often so the public can see you! A handsome young man like you? Well, being in the spotlight this week will do wonders for not only your self-esteem but may very well change your entire life. Good luck to you, my friend!
Both Jeffrey and Sammy have found their forever homes! Congrats!
• June 10: “Woofstock — A Cause for Paws,” presented by the Rome Polish Home: Saturday, June 10. The event will feature music, food and basket raffles. Admission is $10 per person or $15 per couple.
• Aug. 7: “Paws on the Green Golf Tournament,” Monday, Aug. 7 at Teugega Country Club. Each year it gets bigger and better and more new teams are added.
The cost is $500 for a foursome and includes everything you need for the day — 18 holes of golf and cart, lunch, dinner, beverages on the course and entry prizes.
makes us smile!
AmazonSmile is a simple, automatic way for you to support the Humane Society of Rome!
Every time you shop with Amazon, they donate a portion of the purchase to our charitable organization. Before you begin to shop:
1. Go to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com)
2. Sign into your Amazon Account
3. Click on Accounts and Lists
4. Click on Your Account
5. Scroll down to Settings
6. Click on Change Your Charity
7. Start typing in “Humane Society of Rome” and Search
8. Make sure you choose the correct Humane Society and select
9. You can then go shopping
10. Thank you
Donation wish list:
• Medium covered cat litter boxes;
• Small plush cat beds;
• Scoopable kitty litter; and
• Cat toys (especially toys that make noise).
• Nylabone Dog Chew Bones for all size dogs;
• Dog treats – variety;
• Grain-free dog treats; and
• Rawhide treats (all sizes).
General shelter supplies:
• 13-gallon tall kitchen drawstring garbage bags;
• 39-gallon lawn/leaf drawstring bags;
• Copy paper;
• Legal, letter and small notepads;
• Post-It Note;
• Telephone message pads (2 part carbonless);
• AA and AAA batteries;
• Blank labels (1 x 2 5/8 in. and 2 x 4 in.); and
• Manila three-tab folders (letter size).
• Weed Eater – gas powered; and
• Lawn Mower and/or riding mower.
The Humane Society of Rome Shelter, 6247 Lamphear Road, is open for people to come and find forever friends and new members of the family from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
For information, call (315) 336-7070 or go online to www.humanesocietyrome.com. You can also check out the Rome Humane Society on
- 6:00am 11/17/17Seven things to do in the Rome region this week
- 9:00am 11/12/17Star of ‘Long Island Medium’ to share ‘healing’ gift in Stanley Theater show
- 9:00am 11/12/17Checking out Main Street
- 9:00am 11/12/17Stormy weather on Oneida Lake
- 9:00am 11/12/17Rome Twigs hold meeting, luncheon