Lonely Artie looking for another chance for family life
Hello, I am Artie! I am a 9-year-old dog who was owner surrendered and brought to the shelter at the beginning of August. I am good with cats and would be willing to meet other dogs if my new owner(s) have any?
I love to be around people and don’t really like to be left alone.
My prior owners had to move and could not take me with them so I am hoping I will get another chance to find a fantastic family to call my own. Thank you Winston! Love, Artie.
What a handsome young man you are — a Golden Retriever I see. I know there will be a lot of interest in you so I don’t think it will be too long before you find a home.
Good luck and best wishes.
The shelter is in need of tall kitchen garbage bags, the drawstring variety. The shelter also
Tuesday, Sept. 25 — “Dining for the Dogs” at Stockdale’s Bar & Grill, 103 River St.
Tuesday, Oct. 9 — “Dining for the Dogs” at Teddy’s Restaurant, 851 Black River Blvd.
- Medium covered litter boxes
- Small litter boxes – kitten size
- Small plush cat beds – kitten size
- Covered Cat Beds – all sizes
- Friskies or 9 Lives pate canned food
- Ceramic crocks for food/water – small and large
- Clumping litter (never can have too much)
- Toys (especially small soft toys and small mice)
- Nylabone Dog Chew Bones for all size dogs
- Grain Free treats
- Raw Hide treats – all sizes
- Soft Treats – such as Bacon Strips or Pupperoni.
- New Poop Scoopers (preferably poop scoop with blade)
General Shelter Supplies
- Garbage bags* – 13 gallon tall kitchen drawstring bags
- Garbage bags* – 39 gallon lawn/leaf drawstring bags
- Bleach (non-foaming kind) never can have too much
- Legal, letter, and small notepads
- Legal size and Regular No. 10 envelopes
- Telephone message pads – 2 part carbonless
- Blank address labels – 1x 2.5 and 2 x 4
- Manila 3 tab folders – letter size
- 25 Gallon Plastic tubs with lids
- Copy Paper
- Paper Towels (running low)
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Grass Seed for outside Dog Kennels or Sod for outside Dog kennels
- Gift Cards to purchase Paint and Paint Supplies
- Rolls of Window Screening Material
- New Air Conditioners for Cat Rooms (5,000 or 10,000 BTU)
- Gift Certificates or Gift cards to area merchants to purchase supplies as needed.
Want to support the shelter but do not have much free time or extra money? How about donating your bottles and cans? Drop them off at Green World Bottle and Can Return Center, 1318 Erie Blvd. W, Rome, and ask to have the donation added to the Humane Society of Rome account.
This is an easy way to help the animals. If you can’t make it to the recycle center, you can drop them off at the shelter.
Purina Points Weight Circles
Help the Humane Society of Rome earn points when you purchase Purina brand products, and collect weight circles.
Simply cut and save the circles from participating Purina brand dog foods you have purchased and bring to the shelter. We save the weight circles and submit in bulk. Purina will send the Humane Society a check good towards future purchase of dog food. This saves the shelter the large amount on food.
The Humane Society of Rome animal shelter, 6247 Lamphear Road, is open on Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to
5 p.m. The shelter is also open on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For questions, call 315-336-7070.
- 9:00am 09/23/18New show a feast for palate, spirit
- 9:00am 09/23/18‘The Predator’ fails to live up to its storied cinematic past
- 9:00am 09/23/18Want to spice up your garden? Try planting garlic
- 9:00am 09/23/18Sweet and affectionate Dooly not ready to slow down
- 9:00am 09/23/18Celebrate ‘National Public Lands Day’ at Rogers Center