Local ongoing DOT construction projects dwindle
There are only two state road projects locally left ongoing, according to an announcement by the state Department of Transportation.
In the city of Utica, on Routes 5-8-12 between Oswego Street and French Road, the southbound speed limit reduction of 45 mph in the work zone area continues while work is being performed off the road.
In the city of Oneida and town of Vernon, on Route 365A between Route 5 and Route 365, there is one-way alternating traffic with flaggers in place due to road construction including the installation of guide rail, sign installation and signal work.
A third project, in the town of German Flatts, on Route 51 between Route 5S and Route 5, is also ongoing. It includes ramps, there are shoulder and periodic lane closures with flaggers in place due to work on the bridge over the Erie Canal.
- 6:00am 07/20/18Seven things to do in the Rome region this week
- 9:00am 07/15/18Sign pays tribute to local namesake
- 9:00am 07/15/18Working hard in the summertime
- 9:00am 07/15/18‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ is fun, family film
- 9:00am 07/15/18Gargamel would be purrfectly content in quiet kind of home