Lillian Savery ready to celebrate 100th birthday
One of Rome’s own residents said she is getting ready to celebrate a very exciting milestone birthday.
Lillian Savery is turning 100.
She will celebrate her centennial birthday on Sept. 3 at her residence, The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing Home.
This will be The Grand Healthcare System’s fourth centennial birthday celebration in just three months.
Savery was born Sept. 3, 1915 and grew up in Canada with her brother.
She has been married to her husband, Jerry, for 46 years and the couple have two sons, Robert and Richard, together. While raising their sons in Michigan, Lillian juggled her time working at the Chrysler Corporation while serving as the den mother for her sons’ Boy Scout troops.
When her sons were grown they continued the “boys only” tradition…Savery has two grandsons, Matt and Mark, and five great-grandsons.
Savery spends her time at The Grand at Rome participating in small discussion groups and bingo games, and enjoying musical entertainment and festive parties. She also loves to crochet, and keeps busy by taking time to do so daily. Savery said she is looking forward to celebrating this very exciting milestone birthday with her friends at The Grand.
The centennial birthday celebration is being held at The Grand, 801 N. James St., at 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 3.
- 9:00am 02/18/18‘Sister Act’ to take stage in Camden
- 9:00am 02/18/18Playful former stray Dozer seeks to play ball with new family
- 9:00am 02/18/18Robotics team overcomes barriers to share love of STEM
- 9:00am 02/18/18Utica restaurant among 100 most romantic restaurants in America
- 9:00am 02/18/18Wonder Woman not afraid to be judged in Philadelphia