Lillian Savery ready to celebrate 100th birthday
One of Rome’s own residents said she is getting ready to celebrate a very exciting milestone birthday.
Lillian Savery is turning 100.
She will celebrate her centennial birthday on Sept. 3 at her residence, The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing Home.
This will be The Grand Healthcare System’s fourth centennial birthday celebration in just three months.
Savery was born Sept. 3, 1915 and grew up in Canada with her brother.
She has been married to her husband, Jerry, for 46 years and the couple have two sons, Robert and Richard, together. While raising their sons in Michigan, Lillian juggled her time working at the Chrysler Corporation while serving as the den mother for her sons’ Boy Scout troops.
When her sons were grown they continued the “boys only” tradition…Savery has two grandsons, Matt and Mark, and five great-grandsons.
Savery spends her time at The Grand at Rome participating in small discussion groups and bingo games, and enjoying musical entertainment and festive parties. She also loves to crochet, and keeps busy by taking time to do so daily. Savery said she is looking forward to celebrating this very exciting milestone birthday with her friends at The Grand.
The centennial birthday celebration is being held at The Grand, 801 N. James St., at 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 3.
- 7:33pm 06/25/17RFA senior D’Amore makes community proud, to join Army Rangers
- 7:33pm 06/25/17Check out the latest at Jervis
- 7:32pm 06/25/17Enjoying and supporting our grandchildren fun, rewarding
- 7:32pm 06/25/17Be sure to recognize the importance of caregiving
- 7:32pm 06/25/17Seniors need to take precautions for a safe and enjoyable summer season