Job seekers can improve skills, learn to overcome interview anxiety
Job seekers can learn how to improve their job readiness skills and overcome interview anxiety at a workshop on Monday, Nov. 5 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Utica Public Library, 303 Genesee St., Utica, Second Floor Music Room.
The workshop entitled, “Relax the Mind and Get a Job,” is free and sponsored by the Utica Municipal Housing Authority. Light refreshments will be served. Parking is in the rear. Rides are available.
The speaker will be Susan Castilla, the owner of the Utica-based Integrative Experience LLC. The workshop will provide an overview of skills needed to get and keep a job including presenting yourself, preparing for job interviews, and developing positive self-image. Targeted for those who may be nervous at job interviews, the workshop will provide information on ways to overcome fear and ace an interview. Mediation and stress reduction skills will be demonstrated.
AmeriCorps members will be available to schedule individualized employment readiness and counseling sessions for participants.
Funding for the Utica Housing Authority Outreach Center at the Utica Public Library is provided by the United Way of the Valley and the Greater Utica as well as the AmeriCorps Program.
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 9:00am 11/11/18Rome company wins praise for role in labor-saving landscaping device
- 9:00am 11/11/18Urgent care opens in downtown location
- 9:00am 11/11/18Oneida DAR honors deceased members with markers, flags
- 9:00am 11/11/18Ruth Bader Ginsburg to speak at Glimmerglass