I am Lion — hear me roar — then bring me home!
Hello Winston and Everyone:
How are you? Let me introduce myself. My name is Lion, and I am a 6-year-old male feline who has been at the shelter since March.
What can I tell you about me? Well, I am very independent, my personality is more on the quiet side and I’m pretty much a mellow guy.
I am ‘cat selective” and would prefer to be in a household with no dogs, thank you. I just love to spend my days sleeping in my cat bed or looking out the window and watching the world go by. I like to daydream. I like to ponder. Also, if someone is seeking a lap cat – I am the one! Me me me!
So now you all know most of the things about me that you need to know — quiet, mellow, a good companion and affectionate. It shouldn’t be too much longer now until someone comes to take me ‘home’ am I right, Winston?
I appreciate your help.
Thank you and much love, Lion
I believe this is your second time in the spotlight if I am correct? I find it hard to believe that no one has come to the shelter to scoop you up – you sound like an ideal housemate and so handsome too.
Be patient, the right match will come along soon, you have my word.
Best Wishes and Good Luck! Winston
Off to their forever home are the cats Fred and Ollie (adopted together!) Dean, Ross, Midnight, Slate, Hillary and Pepper as well as the following dogs: Sergeant and Sadie.
Saturday, Aug. 4 — JC Penney Pet Garage Sale on the front sidewalk, starting at 10 a.m. Pictures with your pet for $10 donation and pet adoptions in the back of the store (all day). At noon there will be a Pet Show – enter with your pet and win in the following categories: Best Dressed; Closest Lookalike; and Most Patriotic.
Animals must be on a leash); entry donations being accepted.
Stop by the jewelry counter to register your pet for the show — also will be serving hot dogs and soda all day $1 each.
Monday, Aug. 6 — “Paws on the Green” Golf Tournament at the beautiful Teugega Country Club! For information, call Lynn or Peggy at 315-336-6870. Golf! Sponsor! Donate!
Friday, Aug. 10 — Marco’s Pizza, 510 N. James St., 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Order pizza from Marco’s on this date and they will donate 20 percent of your tab to the shelter!
Winston Says More:
Thank you to everyone who donated cat food and cat supplies. We currently are in need of the following items for our dogs:
- A couple of Jolly Balls for a few of our dogs who love to play with them
- Rawhides or hard Nylabones to keep them occupied
- Grain Free dry and wet food
- Toy ropes
- Pedigree Puppy Wet Food
- Rubbing alcohol to assist in our exam process
- Medium covered litter boxes
- Small litter boxes – kitten size
- Small plush cat beds – kitten size
- Covered Cat Beds – all sizes
- Friskies or 9 Lives pate canned food
- Ceramic crocks for food and water – small and large
- Clumping litter (never can have too much)
- Toys (especially small soft toys and small mice)
- Nylabone Dog Chew Bones for all size dogs
- Grain Free treats
- Raw Hide treats – all sizes
- Soft Treats – such as Bacon Strips, Pupperoni, etc.
- New Poop Scoopers (preferably poop scoop with blade)
General Shelter Supplies
- Garbage bags* – 13 gallon tall kitchen DRAWSTRING bags
- Garbage bags* – 39 gallon lawn/leaf DRAWSTRING bags
- Bleach( non-foaming kind) never can have too much
- Legal, letter, and small notepads
- Legal size and Regular No. 10 envelopes
- Telephone message pads – 2 part carbonless
- Blank address labels – 1x 2.5 and 2 x 4
- Manila 3 tab folders – letter size
- 25 Gallon Plastic tubs with lids
- Copy Paper
- Paper Towels (running low)
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Grass Seed for outside Dog Kennels or Sod for outside Dog kennels
- Gift Cards to purchase Paint and Paint Supplies
- Rolls of Window Screening Material
- New Air Conditioners for Cat Rooms (5,000 or 10,000 BTU)
- Gift Certificates or Gift cards to area merchants to purchase supplies as needed.
Want to support the shelter but do not have much free time or extra money? How about donating your bottles and cans? Drop them off at Green World Bottle and Can Return Center, 1318 Erie Blvd. W, Rome, and ask to have the donation added to the Humane Society of Rome account. This is an easy way to help the animals. If you can’t make it to the recycle center, you can drop them off at the shelter.
Purina Points Weight Circles
Help the Humane Society of Rome earn points when you purchase Purina brand products, and collect weight circles. Simply cut and save the circles from participating Purina brand dog foods you have purchased and bring to the shelter. We save the weight circles and submit in bulk. Purina will send the Humane Society a check good towards future purchase of dog food. This saves the shelter the large amount on food.
The Humane Society of Rome animal shelter, 6247 Lamphear Road, is open on Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to
The shelter is also open on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For qustions or for additional information about the shelter or the Humane Society of Rome, call 315-336-7070 or go online and visit its website at www.humanesocietyrome.com.
- 9:00am 10/14/18Rome man grateful to be alive
- 9:00am 10/14/18Wild turkey pic
- 9:00am 10/14/18RACC honors volunteers with dinner, brick display
- 9:00am 10/14/18Lead actor makes ‘Venom’ watchable
- 9:00am 10/14/18Autumn is great time to prepare your lawn for winter, spring