Holland Patent’s Cummings to compete in New Hampshire
Adirondack Council skier Margaret Cummings will compete in the Francis Piche Invitational Championship at Gunstock Mt. Gilford, N.H., this weekend.
Cummings, a U12 skier for Woods Valley Ski Team competed at Kandahar Champs, at Gore Mountain on March 4 and 5. Cummings skied against approximately 41 of the best New York State Ski Racing Association athletes in her age group from six different councils across New York State. She placed second and fourth, earning third place overall based on her combined two-run result, in the NYSSRA’s U12 equivalent of State Championships. The top 10 contenders from the Kandahar Champs were invited to advance. She will compete against select U12, with birth years 2005 and 2006, including female athletes from around the northeast region including New York, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Cummings is 12-years-old and in the sixth grade at Holland Patent Central School. She lives in Holland Patent, near Woods Valley where she learned to ski as a toddler. She has been competing with the Woods Valley Ski Team for five years.
- 9:00am 04/23/17Grand Prize winners in the Sentinel/Mazzaferro's Meat Contest
- 9:00am 04/23/17Lee moves toward digital maps
- 9:00am 04/23/17Local girl to attend national forum
- 9:00am 04/23/17Get some exercise with Diesel — a true love bug
- 9:00am 04/23/17Turning Stone honored for hotel, spa excellence