Handsome, playful 5-year-old is seeking a home
Yes, I would like a home, please. Don’t we all? Thank you for spotlighting me in this week’s column. My name is Winter, and I came into the shelter as a stray in the beginning of November. I am 5-years-and-3-months old, a domestic medium hair/mix male feline, black and white (just like the photo!)
My favorite thing in the entire world to do at the shelter is to play with laser lights and believe me when I tell you (no lie) that I have caught the dot at least once or twice!
I am somewhat ‘cat selective’ but generally tolerate other cats. I enjoy the company of teenagers and love to sit on their laps. I am very independent and will actually sit on anyone’s lap but it has to be on my own terms and it has to be my own idea. But if you are sitting down and that lap is empty…. Well…. let’s just say I may own it!
I think I would like to be adopted into a home that is quiet and where I could have free reign. I am a watcher, and I enjoy seeing what is going on around me.
Do you think there is a home ‘out there’ that would be purr-fect for me?
I love your photo: Those eyes look right through you — almost as if you can summon your new owner or owners right to you.
I wonder if it will work? The power of suggestion!
Just think, someone will open up the newspaper and turn the page and boom there is your handsome face staring back at them. A match! Just like that! Good luck my friend! Readers, please stop down and meet Winter and all of his wonderful friends, both feline and canine. They all need homes and they are all hopeful that they will be chosen. Thank you.
The cats have all been adopted Hansel, Blossom, Merry, Kobi and Millie while dogs Dahlia and Roman also have new forever homes. Congrats everyone!
The ‘Bowling for Bowser’ event at King Pin Lanes, originally scheduled for Feb. 4, will be rescheduled. A new date will be announced soon.
March 6 — Dining for the Dogs, Franklin Hotel, 301 S. James St., 4 to 7 p.m.
March 24 — Pictures with the Easter Bunny. Save the date, details to come!
The shelter is also in desperate need of a donation of a new snowblower. Please help us, winter is unfortunately here!
Items currently needed: Snowblower!Winter is here!
Caring for our animals requires a lot of time, love, money, and supplies.
Donating wish list items helps us with the day-to-day care of our animals and supports our operational needs.
Items can be dropped off during the humane society hours of operation.
Remember, even used items can help our animals. We only ask that they are in good condition. If you have a question about a wish list item, please contact the shelter directly.
Remember all donations are tax deductible!
- Medium- and large-size kitten hammocks (they are found in pet stores in the ferret section)
- Medium covered litter boxes
- Small litter boxes – kitten size
- Small plush cat beds – kitten size
- Friskies or 9 Lives pate canned food
- Ceramic crocks for food and water – small and large
- Scoopable litter*
- Toys (especially toys that make noise, and small mice)
- Nylabone Dog Chew Bones for all size dogs
- Toys – variety
- Grain Free treats
- Raw Hide treats – all sizes
- Soft Treats – such as Bacon Strips, Pupperoni
General Shelter Supplies
- Garbage bags* – 13-gallon tall kitchen drawstring bags
- Garbage bags* – 39-gallon drawstring bags
- Legal, letter, and small notepads
- Telephone message pads – 2-part carbonless
- Blank address labels – 1 X 2 5/8 and 2 X 4
- Manila 3-tab folders – letter size
- 25-gallon plastic tubs with lids
- Funding needed for a heavy duty snow blower
- New dehumidifiers – for cat room
- Dog-friendly ice melt
Gift certificates or gift cards to area merchants to purchase supplies as needed.
*We can never have enough of these items.
The Humane Society of Rome animal shelter is open on Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to
5 p.m. The shelter is also open on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For information, call 315-336-7070 or stop by the shelter, 6247 Lamphear Road.
- 9:00am 10/21/18Rome author pens children’s book
- 9:00am 10/21/18‘Mums’ the word — Embrace chrysanthemems this fall!
- 9:00am 10/21/18Meet Jasper, the Humane Society Shelter’s official ‘babysitter’
- 9:00am 10/21/18Benefit to help with medical expenses for baby battling cancer
- 9:00am 10/21/18The last race of the year