Grizzlies capture OneHockey tourney
The Rome Grizzlies earned a 3-0 victory over the Kingston Canadians out of Ontario to win the Squirt A championship during the OneHockey Tournament in Syracuse on Nov. 19.
The Grizzlies outscored their opponents 29-6 throughout the tourney and goalie Donte Sparace posted two shutouts.
Throughout the tournament, Tyler Lokker tallied 12 points, nine goals and three assists and Will Leonard had four goals and one assist. Both were named most valuable players for the Squirt A champion Grizzlies.
In the championship game, Shane Townsend scored twice and Sean Graziano also scored for Rome. Tanner Spina dished out two assists in the 3-0 victory.
In preliminary round games, Rome defeated Syracuse Valley 13-1 on Nov. 17 and defeated Cumberland Ontario Jr. Grads 5-1 and lost to Kingston 4-3 on Nov. 18. The Grizzlies then defeated Cumberland again, 5-0 in the semifinal and won the final on Nov. 19.
The team is made up of Christopher Brement, Jacob Bruno, Robert Dorfman, Dante Fredericks, Graziano, Eric Keown, will Leonard, Lokker, Jackson Marchione, Andrew Mellace, Sparace, Spina, Townsend and Aiden Van Wie. The head coach of the squad is Mark Keown and he is assisted by Rich Townsend, Geoff Marchione, Nate Van Wie and Scott Brement.
- 9:00am 09/23/18New show a feast for palate, spirit
- 9:00am 09/23/18‘The Predator’ fails to live up to its storied cinematic past
- 9:00am 09/23/18Want to spice up your garden? Try planting garlic
- 9:00am 09/23/18Sweet and affectionate Dooly not ready to slow down
- 9:00am 09/23/18Celebrate ‘National Public Lands Day’ at Rogers Center