VIEWS OF ALASKA — Photographer Wells Horton captured this scenic panorama during his recent adventures in Alaska. The public is invited to go “To Alaska and Back” with him during presentations to be held in Sherburne this month. (Photo courtesy Wells Horton)
Go ‘To Alaska and Back’ without leaving CNY
SHERBURNE — Journey through the farthest reaches of the US with famed Central New York landscape photographer, Wells Horton. Discover the beauty found on his cross-country trip to Alaska, and amaze in the shots he captured of the breathtaking scenery and captivating wildlife. Mixing color, light, and weather, Horton is known for capturing landscapes that have a feel of water colors.
Due to popular demand, this program will be offered twice. Both sessions of “To Alaska and Back” will be held from 7 until 9 p.m. The first one will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 13 at the Sherburne Public Library, and the second will take place on Monday, Nov. 19 at Rogers Environmental Education Center, just off state Route 80 in Sherburne.
While these programs are free and open to the public, donations are always appreciated to help support future events.
Rogers Center is operated by Friends of Rogers Environmental Education Center, Inc., a nonprofit organization that offers educational programs for people of all ages. Seasonal hours are from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday, and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday.
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 9:00am 11/11/18Rome company wins praise for role in labor-saving landscaping device
- 9:00am 11/11/18Urgent care opens in downtown location
- 9:00am 11/11/18Oneida DAR honors deceased members with markers, flags
- 9:00am 11/11/18Ruth Bader Ginsburg to speak at Glimmerglass