Gargamel would be purrfectly content in quiet kind of home
I am Gargamel, a 4-year-old, black-and-white male cat who has been at the shelter since March. I was brought to the shelter after my owner passed away.
I am very cat selective and probably would do best in a home as an only cat. I am very talkative and would like to sit on someone’s lap but it must be on my own terms.
I should not be in a home with children and I definitely don’t like to be picked up but I do have a very good side to my nature.
Given the right, quiet kind of home, I would be the perfect pet for someone.
Thanks Winsto, your help is much appreciated!
You sound like a young man who knows exactly what he wants! Good for you! I hope your wishes come true!
All the best, Winston
Mark your calendars
Monday, Aug. 6 – Is the Humane Society of Rome’s biggest fundraiser of the year – “Paws on the Green” — a golf tournament at Teugega Country Club.
The annual event is a ton of fun for participants and a genuine lifesaver for the animals the agency serves.
For more information about the annual Paws on the Green fundraising event, from playing to becoming a sponsor, call Lynn or Peggy at 315-336-6870.
The Humane Society of Rome shelter is in urgent need of large bags of dry cat and dog food, especially cat food.
We still need extra large dog cages and also legal size #10 envelopes and standard size envelopes. Thank you for your help!
Want to support the shelter but do not have much free time or extra money? How about donating your bottles and cans? Drop them off at Green World Bottle and Can Return Center, 1318 Erie Blvd. W, Rome, and ask to have the donation added to the Humane Society of Rome account. This is an easy way to help the animals. If you can’t make it to the recycle center, you can drop them off at the shelter.
Purina Points Weight Circles
Help the Humane Society of Rome earn points when you purchase Purina brand products, and collect weight circles. Simply cut and save the circles from participating Purina brand dog foods you have purchased and bring to the shelter. We save the weight circles and submit in bulk. Purina will send the Humane Society a check good towards future purchase of dog food. This saves the shelter the large expense of feed our shelter dogs. Every bit helps!
Extra-large dog wire crates in very good condition.
Little Ceasars Dog Food, the classic kind.
The shelter is in need of the following items:
- Medium- and large-size kitten hammocks (they are found in pet stores in the ferret section)
- Medium covered litter boxes
- Small litter boxes – kitten size
- Small plush cat beds – kitten size
- Friskies or 9 Lives pate canned food
- Ceramic crocks for food and water
- Scoopable litter
- Toys (especially toys that make noise)
- Nylabone Dog Chew Bones for all size dogs
- Toys – variety
- Grain Free treats
- Raw Hide treats – all sizes
- Soft Treats – such as Bacon Strips, Pupperoni
General Shelter Supplies
- Garbage bags – 13-gal. kitchen drawstring bags
- Garbage bags – 39-gal. drawstring bags
- Legal, letter, and small notepads
- Telephone message pads – 2-part carbonless
- Blank address labels
- Manila 3-tab folders – letter size
- 25-gallon plastic tubs with lids
- Grass Seed for outside Dog Kennels or
- Sod for outside Dog kennels
- Gift Cards to purchase Paint and Paint Supplies
- New Poop Scoopers (preferably poop scoop with blade)
- Rolls of Window Screening Material
- New Air Conditioners for Cat Rooms (5,000 or 10,000 BTU’s)
Gift Certificates or Gift cards to area merchants to purchase supplies as needed.
The Humane Society of Rome animal shelter, 6247 Lamphear Road, is open on Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to
The shelter is also open on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For qustions or for additional information about the shelter or the Humane Society of Rome, call 315-336-7070 or go online and visit its website at www.humanesocietyrome.com.