Full of energy, Shadow has a sweet, devoted personality
Mark your calendars
Monday, Aug. 6 – Is the Humane Society of Rome’s biggest fundraiser of the year – “Paws on the Green” — a golf tournament at Teugega Country Club.
The annual event is a ton of fun for participants and a genuine lifesaver for the animals the agency serves.
For more information about the annual Paws on the Green fundraising event, from playing to becoming a sponsor, call Lynn or Peggy at 315-336-6870.
Hi Everyone! Hi Winston:
My name is Shadow, and I am an almost 7-year-old male beagle/hound who was owner surrendered. I’ve been at the shelter since the end of March. I am a ‘typical’ hound in that I am very vocal when I want someone’s attention!
I love humans and for being almost seven, I am still full of energy and fun and love to play with great enthusiasm! I would do best in a home where I could be the only pet since I like to be ‘top dog.”
I have lived with cats and children before though. I am very proud to say that I am a “pet therapy dog” which means that I have such a sweet personality that I am chosen to participate in this wonderful shelter program where I visit residents in nursing homes.
You should see them smile when they see me smile! I love to do that but do you know what I would love even more? Yes, you guessed it. My own home. Thank you, Shadow
Being a pet therapy dog means that you are very special indeed. I hope that someone reading this article realizes just how special you are and decides to take you home.
Thank you for writing!
Your friend, Winston.
Congratulations to the adopted cats Nacho, Liz, Malvo, Aiden, Taz, Vicky and Ambrose as well as to the dogs Dozer F, Thumper and Colby! Congrats!
NEW DATE: Sunday, July 8, “Brunch with your dogs,” Delta Lake Inn, Fish Hatchery Road, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Humane Society of Rome is in urgent need of large bags of dry cat and dog food, especially cat food. The shelter also still need extra large dog cages and also legal size #10 envelopes and standard size envelopes. Thank you!
Extra-large dog wire crates in very good condition.
Little Ceasars Dog Food, the classic kind.
The shelter is in need of the following items:
- Medium- and large-size kitten hammocks (they are found in pet stores in the ferret section)
- Medium covered litter boxes
- Small litter boxes – kitten size
- Small plush cat beds – kitten size
- Friskies or 9 Lives pate canned food
- Ceramic crocks for food and water
- Scoopable litter
- Toys (especially toys that make noise)
- Nylabone Dog Chew Bones for all size dogs
- Toys – variety
- Grain Free treats
- Raw Hide treats – all sizes
- Soft Treats – such as Bacon Strips, Pupperoni
General Shelter Supplies
- Garbage bags – 13-gal. kitchen drawstring bags
- Garbage bags – 39-gal. drawstring bags
- Legal, letter, and small notepads
- Telephone message pads – 2-part carbonless
- Blank address labels
- Manila 3-tab folders – letter size
- 25-gallon plastic tubs with lids
- Grass Seed for outside Dog Kennels or
- Sod for outside Dog kennels
- Gift Cards to purchase Paint and Paint Supplies
- New Poop Scoopers (preferably poop scoop with blade)
- Rolls of Window Screening Material
- New Air Conditioners for Cat Rooms (5,000 or 10,000 BTU’s)
Gift Certificates or Gift cards to area merchants to purchase supplies as needed.
The Humane Society of Rome animal shelter, 6247 Lamphear Road, is open on Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to
The shelter is also open on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For qustions or for additional information about the shelter or the Humane Society of Rome, call 315-336-7070 or go online and visit its website at www.humanesocietyrome.com.
- 9:00am 09/16/18Rome author stirs the senses with dishes from around the world
- 9:00am 09/16/18‘Peppermint’ fails to pack a memorable punch
- 9:00am 09/16/18Hummingbirds are fun to watch and important pollinators
- 9:00am 09/16/18Check out the latest — books and more — at Jervis
- 9:00am 09/16/18Trace keeps trying to find a permanent home, family