Free Young Boater certification training at State Fairgrounds
SYRACUSE — Oswego-based New York Sea Grant is now taking registrations for the free, all-in-one-day Young Boater certification training to be offered Saturday, Feb. 17, at the State Fairgrounds.
The training will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the 2018 Central New York Boat Show at the Fairgrounds.
Pre-registration is required for the limited space seating for the course taught by U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 21 personnel. New York Sea Grant is taking registrations by phone at 315-312-3042.
Successful completion of the eight-hour training and same-day proctored exam is required for youth ages 10 to 17 to legally operate a motorized boat or watercraft alone on New York waters.
Each youth registering for this edition of the Young Boater safety course will receive three free admission passes into the CNY Boat Show, the largest and oldest boat show in the state.
Young Boater participants are asked to provide for their own lunch.
The 2018 CNY Boat Show hours are: 1-9 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 15; 1-9 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 16; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 17, and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 18. Show admission is $10 per person; 13 and younger free. Free parking and shuttle are provided.
More information is available online at: www.cnyboatshow.com.
- 9:00am 02/18/18‘Sister Act’ to take stage in Camden
- 9:00am 02/18/18Playful former stray Dozer seeks to play ball with new family
- 9:00am 02/18/18Robotics team overcomes barriers to share love of STEM
- 9:00am 02/18/18Utica restaurant among 100 most romantic restaurants in America
- 9:00am 02/18/18Wonder Woman not afraid to be judged in Philadelphia