Sugar Pie Peggy Michik
Five-year-old Sugar Pie loves her treats
Greetings Everyone and Hello Winston!
I am Sugar Pie, a five-year-old terrier/American pit bull mix female canine who was brought into the shelter as a stray--- I’ve been here since the end of August. I am not much of a cat lover, so my adoptive parents or family should have a home with no felines – thank you ahead of time! I am a very gentle lady and walk well on a harness. I would make someone a wonderful companion and just a note: I love treats!
Thank you! Sugar Pie
Winston Says More!
Adoption updates: Dogs: BellaMarie, Debo and Bubba! Cats: Pepper, Dawn, Lazy Bones, Roxette, Rosita, Patch and Jack! Congrats everyone!
AmazonSmile makes us smile!
AmazonSmile is a simple, automatic way for you to support the Humane Society of Rome!
Every time you shop with Amazon, they donate a portion of the purchase price to our charitable organization.
This is what you do --- before you begin to shop:
1. Go to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com)
2. Sign into your Amazon Account
3. Click on Accounts and Lists
4. Click on Your Account
5. Scroll down to Settings
6. Click on Change Your Charity
7. Start typing in “Humane Society of Rome” and Search
8. Make sure you choose the correct Humane Society and select!
9. You can then go shopping!
10. Thank you!
The Humane Society Shelter is so grateful for those who take the time to care and to share….from the monetary donations to the countless donations requested on our wish list…it all makes a big difference to our animals. It makes their lives so much better. While we provide only a temporary home for them, we want to be certain it is The best they can have for now. When you make a donation to the Shelter, you can be assured that it is earmarked for exactly what you wish, whether it‟s for the Medical Fund, Spay-Neuter Fund, Building Fund, or General Fund. We appreciate everything you do for us, as we are Not-for-Profit and the expenses are oftentimes monumental. The day to day costs of running a shelter is something that must be met. The cats and dogs must be fed, must have heat, must have medicine, must have staff to care for them. We are in great need of general donations at this time, more than ever. Thank you as always for thinking of us.
The Humane Society offers science diet. for purchase. Help the Humane Society and help your pets at the same time by purchasing directly at the Shelter.
Upcoming events and fundraisers:
Thursday, Oct. 19 — “Dining for the Dogs” (and Cats!) at The Savoy Restaurant, 255 E. Dominick St., from 4 to 9 p.m. Enjoy a fantastic meal for a good cause, with part of the dining proceeds to benefit the Rome Humane Society Shelter.
Saturday, Oct. 21 — Halloween Spooktacular at the Rome Polish Home, 415 S. George St.. Event to feature music, costume contest and basket raffle – stay tuned for more information!
Other gift ideas!
The Humane Society Shelter has the perfect gifts for those you love who may be hard to buy for. They have a gorgeous variety of colors and sizes of T-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies and more! You have to see these items! Perfect for the animal lover and when you buy from us, you also help our cats and dogs. Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversary! Happy Shopping!
How can I help?
Are you a member of the Humane Society of Rome? Please log onto our website www.humanesocietyrome.com and click on the “How can I help” link and look for “Membership.”
• Fancy Feast pate style cat food
• Medium covered cat litter boxes
• Small plush cat beds
• Scoopable cat litter
• Cat toys (especially cat toys that make noise and small tiny mice)
• Nylabone dog chew bones for all size dogs
• Dog treats – variety
• Grain free dog treats
• Raw hide treats (all sizes)
• General shelter supplies
• Garbage bags 13 gallon tall kitchen drawstring
• Garbage bags 39 gallon lawn/leaf drawstring
• Leaf rakes
• Grass seed
• Pop up or easy tents for outside events to shade our animals
• Two new air conditioners for the cat room and incoming room (5,000 BTU and 8,000 BTU). Please call the shelter for BTU’s and sizes, 315-336-7070.
• Letter size file folders and file storage boxes
• Rubbing alcohol – 70 percent
• Copy paper
• Legal, letter and small notepads
• Post It Notes
• Telephone message pads (2 part carbonless)
• AA, AAA batteries
• Blank labels (1” x 2 5/8”) and (2” x 4”)
• Manilla three tab folders – letter size
• Gift certificates or gift cards to area merchants to purchase supplies as needed.
Do you love animals? Do you have as little as an hour a week to spare, or more?
Contact us to learn how you can help all of the animals and to sign up today!
Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to
5 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Contact us: 315-336-7070, 6247 Lamphear Road, Rome.
- 9:00am 01/21/18Project Fibonacci garners additional acclaim on Science Channel show
- 9:00am 01/21/18Group to promote Utica during All-Star Weekend
- 9:00am 01/21/18Yesterday and today in the wind
- 9:00am 01/21/18Morrisville to host ‘Global Game Jam’
- 9:00am 01/21/18Owner-surrendered pooch Coco is in need of new home