Deadline extended for 2018 Salute to Women nominations
The YWCA Mohawk Valley has extended the deadline to submit nominations for the 30th Annual Salute to Outstanding Women Awards celebration to the close of business, Friday, Feb. 16.
This year’s program again celebrates local women for their amazing contributions and outstanding achievements in their careers and community involvement. YWCA MV will recognize nine women from Oneida and Herkimer Counties, including for the first time a young woman, age 17 or under, in the category of Outstanding Youth. In addition, the categories have been redesigned to recognize women Entrepreneurs.
The nine categories for nominations are:
• Education: Teachers, instructors, administrators, community educators, coaches, mentors, professors, librarians, tutors, etc.
• Entrepreneur: Individuals who have started their own business, large or small, store front or online, etc.
• Healthcare: Physicians, nurses, healthcare professionals, opticians, dentists, therapists, health aides, pharmacists, etc.
• Human and Public Service: Law enforcement, fire department, armed forces, EMT, social workers, non-profit employees, etc.
• Outstanding Youth: Young women, age 17 or under, who deserve recognition for their school-related or academic achievements, and/or volunteer and community contributions.
• Professions/Business & Industry: Employees of all levels in any profession, business, or industry. Includes, but is not limited to, formal education, training, or skills – attorneys, accountants, construction, marketing among other areas.
• Social Justice: Individual who works to open the doors of access and opportunity for everyone, particularly those in greatest need.
• STEAM: Individuals working in and/or promoting science, technology, engineering, art, or mathematics in any field.
• Unsung Heroine: An individual who works continuously and tirelessly behind the scenes, goes the extra mile with little thanks, or has made an outstanding contribution to their community.
To nominate an Outstanding Women today, visit www.ywcamv.org/salute. For more information on YWCA Mohawk Valley programs and services, visit
- 9:01am 08/19/18New app helps share Rome’s history
- 9:00am 08/19/18Bongo is a quiet boy looking for love, companionship
- 9:00am 08/19/18‘Christopher Robin’ entertaining, endearing
- 9:00am 08/19/18Consider xeriscaping — learning to garden with less water
- 9:00am 08/19/18Åll-stars come out at 42nd annual Rome Sports Hall of Fame awards dinner