Chase has plenty of energy and lots of love to share
Hi! My name is Chase — a great name for a dog that loves his playtime, right?!
I have been at the shelter since the end of October as an owner surrender. I am 3-years-young and very sweet. I am “dog selective,” and I would rather not be roomies with any small dogs and also definitely no cats. Sorry! I
I need some practice walking with a leash, but I am definitely trainable. I would also prefer NOT to be in a home with small children, as I am high energy.
Let’s see, what else can I tell you and your readers about me? I love my plush toys... and am just a loveable guy. By the way I am a terrier/pit bull mix male.
Thank you Winston!
Yours truly, Chase.
It is lovely to hear from you — what a happy face! Good luck to you and speaking of good fortune please read:
“Save a Life” Matching Donations
The Humane Society of Rome will participate in the “Save a Life” Campaign. This holiday season, you can help save an animal’s life by donating to a local animal rescue organization of your choice and having that gift matched dollar-for-dollar! The StaffWorks “Save a Life” Campaign will match gifts made between Dec. 1-31 to any resucue organization located in Oneida, Herkimer, Madison, Chenango, Otsego, Broome or Onondaga counties. This campaign is funded through the Staffworks Charitable Fund at the Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties, which was created by Staffworks founder and owner, Anita Vitullo…of out her love for animals.
The following cats: Butch and Blaze, together! Petunia, Dillin, Pizza and Wings, together! and Quincy and Whiskers have all been adopted as well as dogs: Sugar Pie, Nala and Prince . There’s been a whole lot of adoptions happening these days and that’s a wonderful thing for everyone!
Tuesday, Nov. 7 — Dining for the (Cats and) Dogs at Teddy’s Restaurant, 851 Black River Boulevard, from 4 to 9 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 2 — Annual Open House and Pictures with Santa, at the Humane Society Shelter, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Thursday, Dec. 7 — Dining for the Dogs at The Outback Steakhouse in New Hartford, from 4 to 9 p.m.
The Humane Society may have the perfect gifts for those you love who may be hard to buy for — a gorgeous variety of colors and sizes of t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, and more. Perfect for the animal lover and when you buy from us, you also help our cats and dogs.
AmazonSmile makes us smile!
AmazonSmile is a simple, automatic way for you to support the Humane Society of Rome!
Every time you shop with Amazon, they donate a portion of the purchase price to our charitable organization.
This is what you do --- before you begin to shop:
1. Go to AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com)
2. Sign into your Amazon Account
3. Click on Accounts and Lists
4. Click on Your Account
5. Scroll down to Settings
6. Click on Change Your Charity
7. Start typing in “Humane Society of Rome” and Search
8. Make sure you choose the correct Humane Society and select!
9. You can then go shopping!
10. Thank you!
Members are often the lifeblood of any non-profit organization.
Having a good group of dedicated members and volunteers are essential for the Rome Humane Society and the animals we take care of.
Are you a member of the Humane Society of Rome? Please log onto our website www.humanesocietyrome.com and click on the “How can I help” link and look for “Membership.”
• Contributions to our Medical Fund would be greatly appreciated as there are three canines and one feline in need of special medical attention.
• Also new items needed before winter comes: in need of funds for a new heavy duty snow-blower for the shelter, or perhaps a donation of a new heavy duty snow-blower. Must be able to remove large amounts of snow, especially in the outside dog kennels so the dogs can run in the winter.
- Grain free cat food, both dry and canned.
- Bags of dry cat food all varieties from kitten to senior.
- Fancy Feast pate style cat food
- Medium covered cat litter boxes
- Small plush cat beds
- Clumping cat litter
- Cat toys (especially cat toys that make noise and small tiny mice)
- Grain free dry dog food
- Nylabone dog chew bones for all size dogs
- Dog treats – variety
- Grain free dog treats
- Raw hide treats (all sizes)
- General shelter supplies
- 13-gallon tall drawstring kitchen bags
- 39-gallon lawn/leaf drawstring bags
- Non-foaming bleach
Other Useful Items:
- New dehumidifiers for cat rooms
- Dog-friendly ice melt
- Manila file folders and storage bins, boxes
- Rubbing alcohol – 70%
- Copy Paper
- Legal, Letter and Small Notepads
- Telephone Message Pads (2 part carbonless)
- AA, AAA Batteries
- Blank Labels (1” x 2 5/8”) and (2” x 4”)
- Gift Certificates or Gift Cards to area merchants to purchase supplies as needed.
The Humane Society of Rome animal shelter is open on Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to
5 p.m. The shelter is also open on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, contact the Humane Society of Rome by calling 315-336-7070 or stop by the shelter, 6247 Lamphear Road.
- 9:00am 06/17/18Chewie takes top place in Pet Photo Contest
- 9:00am 06/17/18Ocean’s 8 fails to cash in
- 9:00am 06/17/18Tom Barry is a local legend as coach, administrator and athlete
- 9:00am 06/17/18Handsome Nacho seeks new casa, familia to call his own
- 9:00am 06/17/18Event to honor local legend Gene Kotary Memorial Race gets green flag July 1 at Utica-Rome Speedway