Cats are the spice of life — and Pepper should know!
Hello. My name is (Miss) Pepper. I am a gorgeous brown and black tortishell feline. I was brought into the shelter as a stray at the beginning of October — and yes I am still here. (Big sigh)!
Please don’t get me wrong, I love it here. The staff is wonderful. My bed is warm,. My food is delicious; and I generally enjoy the surrounding company.
But it’s still not the same as having my own home.
I am an almost 2-year-old female, domestic shorthair mix.
What can I tell everyone about me?
I have a very independent personality but I will come to you when I want attention. I love playing with my mini mice; and I really, really get excited when playing with a laser light. I could chase it for hours!
As far as people and other cats, I am a little selective. My favorite thing in the world is my beautiful cat bed. Ahhhh…….I like to just snuggle in it and will watch the world around me from my own, comfy spot.
So that’s me in a nutshell, Winston!
Please work your special magic, wave that adoption wand of yours and find me the purr-fect home.
Thank you! Pepper
What beautiful coloring you have, young lady! Thank you for writing, it was great to hear from you. We will do our very best to find a home that is just right for you. Since we have such a vast amount of readers, I am sure that something will click — and perhaps that person reading this right now will think, “she is the one for me” or they might even know someone who would be the right fit.
Good luck my sweet friend!
The cats: Dexter, Scooter, Dominic, Lotus, Noodles and Lucky have all been adopted. I would say you are ALL lucky! Congratulations!
• March 6 — Dining for the Dogs, Franklin Hotel, 301 S. James St., 4 to 7 p.m.
• March 24 — ‘Pictures With The Easter Bunny” at the shelter, 6247 Lamphear Road, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Cats, dogs and two-legged children welcome! Please keep dogs on a leash and cats in carriers. Only $10 per photo!
Items currently needed: Snowblower!Winter is STILL here!
Caring for our animals requires a lot of time, love, money, and supplies.
Donating wish list items helps us with the day-to-day care of our animals and supports our operational needs.
Items can be dropped off during the humane society hours of operation.
Remember, even used items can help our animals. We only ask that they are in good condition. If you have a question about a wish list item, please contact the shelter directly.
Remember all donations are tax deductible!
- Medium- and large-size kitten hammocks (they are found in pet stores in the ferret section)
- Medium covered litter boxes
- Small litter boxes – kitten size
- Small plush cat beds – kitten size
- Friskies or 9 Lives pate canned food
- Ceramic crocks for food and water – small and large
- Scoopable litter
- Toys (especially toys that make noise, and small mice)
- Nylabone Dog Chew Bones for all size dogs
- Toys – variety
- Grain Free treats
- Raw Hide treats – all sizes
- Soft Treats – such as Bacon Strips, Pupperoni
General Shelter Supplies
- Garbage bags – 13-gallon tall kitchen drawstring bags
- Garbage bags – 39-gallon drawstring bags
- Legal, letter, and small notepads
- Telephone message pads – 2-part carbonless
- Blank address labels – 1 X 2 5/8 and 2 X 4
- Manila 3-tab folders – letter size
- 25-gallon plastic tubs with lids
- Funding needed for a heavy duty snow blower
- New dehumidifiers – for cat room
- Dog-friendly ice melt
Gift certificates or gift cards to area merchants to purchase supplies as needed.
The Humane Society of Rome animal shelter is open on Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to
5 p.m. The shelter is also open on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For information, call 315-336-7070 or stop by the shelter, 6247 Lamphear Road.