Applications available for summer program
The 2019 application cycle has begun for the Griffiss Institute’s Summer Internship Program at the Air Force Research Laboratory Information Directorate (AFRL/RI), the insitute announced.
The application deadline is Jan. 31, 2019. To get more specific information on research areas and to apply, visit griffissinstitute.org/summer-internship online.
The program involves a paid summer internship opportunity for students currently enrolled in an accredited college or university at the freshman level through PhD level, to work on-site with AFRL researchers on a wide variety of research projects, the institute said.
The majority of the students selected will be majoring in technical fields such as Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics. There may also be a few positions available in accounting and finance, as well as multimedia, such as graphic communications, and marketing.
For applicants who live more than 50 miles from Rome, allowances will be available to help cover the cost of travel and living expenses if selected for a position, said the institute. Resumes and current transcripts are required with each application. Summer internships at AFRL/RI are for U.S. citizens only.
- 4:00pm 11/13/18"Overloard" is the nightmare after Halloween that makes dreams come true
- 9:00am 11/11/18Rome company wins praise for role in labor-saving landscaping device
- 9:00am 11/11/18Urgent care opens in downtown location
- 9:00am 11/11/18Oneida DAR honors deceased members with markers, flags
- 9:00am 11/11/18Ruth Bader Ginsburg to speak at Glimmerglass