Dooly is my name and playing is my game

SevenDay Winston says:  A huge “Paws Up” and thank you to everyone who participated in the 21st Annual Paws on the Green Golf Tournment, we couldn’t have done it without you!  Special thanks to the wonderful, supportive sponsors: Anita Vitullo/Staffworks, Chris Carbone/Wells Fargo, M & L Worldwide Logistics, Steve Jarvis/State Farm, Access Credit Union, Barry Funeral Home, Cathedral... 9:00am 08/12/18

Seven things to do in the Rome region this week

SevenDay 1. The Waterbury Memorial Presbyterian Church and the Whitesboro Presbyterian Church will hold a service at the Eastern Star Home Pavilion at 1400 Utica Street, Oriskany, on Sunday at 10 a.m. Following the service will be a picnic. E-Z Strings from the Mohawk Valley Bluegrass Association will provide gospel music during the service. The service is open to the public. For more... 6:00am 08/17/18

Welcome beneficial insects to the garden all season long

SevenDay When harmful insects invade the garden, you should rely on natural means to control them. Fewer then 10 percent of all insects are bad. The remaining 90 percent are either benign or, creepy as they may look, are actually beneficial insects. They are good for the garden because they either pollinate plants or prey upon bad insects. While gardening with beneficial insects is not... 9:00am 08/12/18

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom falls short of original

SevenDay Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is the most generic film in this popular dinosaur franchise. We are very far removed from the prestige and the majesty of the original Jurassic Park. The Jurassic World sequel, playing now at Rome Cinemas 8, is nearly indistinguishable from any other CGI-heavy monster movie these days. This one just happens to star raptors as the monster stalking... 9:00am 08/12/18

Herkimer Diamond Mines Rock, Gem and STEM Camp held

SevenDay HERKIMER — The first three sessions of the 26th annual Herkimer Diamond Mines Rock, Gem and STEM Camp came to a close on July 25 with their awards ceremony. The Rock, Gem and STEM Camp is designed to provide quality instruction and science related fun in a safe environment to children ages 6-13. The Herkimer Diamond Mines KOA Resort is an ideal setting for this science... 9:00am 08/12/18