Walk to End Alzheimer’s slated for April 29
MARCY — The Alzheimer’s Association is inviting area residents to join the fight to end Alzheimer’s by participating in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s – Utica/Rome, to take place on Sunday, April 29 at SUNY Polytechnic Institute.
Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. in the Campus Center. The opening ceremony commences in the center’s gymnasium at 1 p.m., followed by the walk that winds through campus.
To sign up as a team captain, join a team or register to walk as an individual, go to alz.org/walk.
Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s participants will not only walk, but learn about Alzheimer’s disease, advocacy opportunities, clinical studies enrollment and support programs and services from the Alzheimer’s Association. Participants will also join in a meaningful tribute ceremony to honor those affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s Association Walk To End Alzheimer’s is presented locally by roi Office Interiors of Rome.
More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease, the sixth-leading cause of death in the U.S. and the only disease among the top 10 causes that cannot be cured, prevented or even slowed. Additionally, more than 15 million family and friends provide care to people with Alzheimer’s and other dementias in the U.S.
On the net: act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=11397
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming