Walk to End Alzheimer’s slated for April 29
MARCY — The Alzheimer’s Association is inviting area residents to join the fight to end Alzheimer’s by participating in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s – Utica/Rome, to take place on Sunday, April 29 at SUNY Polytechnic Institute.
Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. in the Campus Center. The opening ceremony commences in the center’s gymnasium at 1 p.m., followed by the walk that winds through campus.
To sign up as a team captain, join a team or register to walk as an individual, go to alz.org/walk.
Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s participants will not only walk, but learn about Alzheimer’s disease, advocacy opportunities, clinical studies enrollment and support programs and services from the Alzheimer’s Association. Participants will also join in a meaningful tribute ceremony to honor those affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s Association Walk To End Alzheimer’s is presented locally by roi Office Interiors of Rome.
More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease, the sixth-leading cause of death in the U.S. and the only disease among the top 10 causes that cannot be cured, prevented or even slowed. Additionally, more than 15 million family and friends provide care to people with Alzheimer’s and other dementias in the U.S.
On the net: act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=11397
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Masterworks Chorale performs with Symphoria
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Singer, Songwriter Showcase April 28
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter