Walk to End Alzheimer’s slated for April 29
MARCY — The Alzheimer’s Association is inviting area residents to join the fight to end Alzheimer’s by participating in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s – Utica/Rome, to take place on Sunday, April 29 at SUNY Polytechnic Institute.
Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. in the Campus Center. The opening ceremony commences in the center’s gymnasium at 1 p.m., followed by the walk that winds through campus.
To sign up as a team captain, join a team or register to walk as an individual, go to alz.org/walk.
Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s participants will not only walk, but learn about Alzheimer’s disease, advocacy opportunities, clinical studies enrollment and support programs and services from the Alzheimer’s Association. Participants will also join in a meaningful tribute ceremony to honor those affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s Association Walk To End Alzheimer’s is presented locally by roi Office Interiors of Rome.
More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s disease, the sixth-leading cause of death in the U.S. and the only disease among the top 10 causes that cannot be cured, prevented or even slowed. Additionally, more than 15 million family and friends provide care to people with Alzheimer’s and other dementias in the U.S.
On the net: act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=11397
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
- 4:00pm 07/17/18New York Mills school reunion slated for Aug. 4
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Sign-up for wine trail trip
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Dorfman to host fundraiser dinner
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Ladies breakfast club meets July 27
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Physical therapy professor honored
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Sign-up for Kundalini Yoga & Meditation at View
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Improved care coordination services available for those with disabilities