Social Security workshop Nov. 14 in Whitesboro
WHITESBORO — Retirement Solutions will present a free Social Security information workshop at Dunham Public Library, 76 Main St., at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 14 for pre-retirees ages 55 and older.
The same workshop will be offered at Hamilton Public Library, 13 Broad St., Hamilton, at 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13.
Today’s baby boomers can expect to spend more time in retirement given increased life expectancies. As a result, claiming one’s Social Security benefits is no longer a simple decision. For many retirees and their spouses, taking the time to properly evaluate this important financial decision can be a major step toward a more comfortable retirement, organizers said.
Topics covered include:
- When is the best time to claim benefits?
- How much money can one earn before getting penalized?
- Survivor benefits
- Recent changes in legislation and how they will impact benefits.
- Avoiding frequent claiming mistakes.
- Why Social Security is crucial to women.
The workshop is open to the public. There is no cost to attend. Advanced registration is required. Light refreshments will be served. To make a reservation, call the library at 315-736-9734.
- 4:00pm 08/15/18View hosts Bread Basket Workshop Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Dodge Pratt Northam center hosts 34th annual Art & Craft Fair in Boonville
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Arts at the Palace hosts Dar Williams Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/15/18History Club of New York Mills meets Monday
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Jervis offers online genealogy workshop Aug. 27
- 4:00pm 08/15/18Steuben Old Home Days slated for Aug. 25
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Financial exploitation seminar Friday
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Catalanos celebrate golden anniversary
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Financial planning meeting Aug. 20
- 4:00pm 08/14/18Backer family gathers