Social Security workshop Nov. 14 in Whitesboro
WHITESBORO — Retirement Solutions will present a free Social Security information workshop at Dunham Public Library, 76 Main St., at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 14 for pre-retirees ages 55 and older.
The same workshop will be offered at Hamilton Public Library, 13 Broad St., Hamilton, at 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13.
Today’s baby boomers can expect to spend more time in retirement given increased life expectancies. As a result, claiming one’s Social Security benefits is no longer a simple decision. For many retirees and their spouses, taking the time to properly evaluate this important financial decision can be a major step toward a more comfortable retirement, organizers said.
Topics covered include:
- When is the best time to claim benefits?
- How much money can one earn before getting penalized?
- Survivor benefits
- Recent changes in legislation and how they will impact benefits.
- Avoiding frequent claiming mistakes.
- Why Social Security is crucial to women.
The workshop is open to the public. There is no cost to attend. Advanced registration is required. Light refreshments will be served. To make a reservation, call the library at 315-736-9734.
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Parkway Center in Utica joins AARP network
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Dorfman hosts Studio 365 Dancers Nov. 29
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Sign-up to see ‘All She Wants for Christmas’
- 4:00pm 11/21/17Pre-orders available for cookie run
- 4:00pm 11/20/17RMH adds additional 3-D mammography machine, expands appointments
- 4:00pm 11/20/17Goel recognized as 2017 Physician of the Year
- 4:00pm 11/20/17Free training available in use of Naloxone for overdose reversal
- 4:00pm 11/20/17Hospital marks Diabetes Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 11/20/17Calendar raffle benefits Rome Relay For Life
- 4:00pm 11/20/17Visionworks offers exam give away for needy youths