Social Security workshop Nov. 14 in Whitesboro
WHITESBORO — Retirement Solutions will present a free Social Security information workshop at Dunham Public Library, 76 Main St., at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 14 for pre-retirees ages 55 and older.
The same workshop will be offered at Hamilton Public Library, 13 Broad St., Hamilton, at 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13.
Today’s baby boomers can expect to spend more time in retirement given increased life expectancies. As a result, claiming one’s Social Security benefits is no longer a simple decision. For many retirees and their spouses, taking the time to properly evaluate this important financial decision can be a major step toward a more comfortable retirement, organizers said.
Topics covered include:
- When is the best time to claim benefits?
- How much money can one earn before getting penalized?
- Survivor benefits
- Recent changes in legislation and how they will impact benefits.
- Avoiding frequent claiming mistakes.
- Why Social Security is crucial to women.
The workshop is open to the public. There is no cost to attend. Advanced registration is required. Light refreshments will be served. To make a reservation, call the library at 315-736-9734.
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Celebrating 50 years
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Ava Dorfman fitness classes include yoga, dancing, Tai Chi
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Center hosts Halloween Party
- 4:00pm 10/23/18Dorfman hosts Ghost Talk Oct. 30
- 4:00pm 10/22/18MVHS offices add nurse practitioners
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Fly shot clinic in Deerfield Oct. 24
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Bone marrow drive Oct. 27
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Dispirito joins Chestnut Commons Physical, Occupational Therapy
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Blood donation opportunities in November
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Host ‘Dress Down Day’ to support Hospice