Social Security workshop Nov. 14 in Whitesboro
WHITESBORO — Retirement Solutions will present a free Social Security information workshop at Dunham Public Library, 76 Main St., at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 14 for pre-retirees ages 55 and older.
The same workshop will be offered at Hamilton Public Library, 13 Broad St., Hamilton, at 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13.
Today’s baby boomers can expect to spend more time in retirement given increased life expectancies. As a result, claiming one’s Social Security benefits is no longer a simple decision. For many retirees and their spouses, taking the time to properly evaluate this important financial decision can be a major step toward a more comfortable retirement, organizers said.
Topics covered include:
- When is the best time to claim benefits?
- How much money can one earn before getting penalized?
- Survivor benefits
- Recent changes in legislation and how they will impact benefits.
- Avoiding frequent claiming mistakes.
- Why Social Security is crucial to women.
The workshop is open to the public. There is no cost to attend. Advanced registration is required. Light refreshments will be served. To make a reservation, call the library at 315-736-9734.
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Meet new friends at Ava Dorfman event
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Funds reinstated in federal hospital program good news for Oneida Healthcare
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Heart Run & Walk March 3
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Regional Center for Wound Care shares tips on how to live a heart healthy life
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Church hosts drive
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Free yoga session at View Feb. 24
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Rome hospital hosts nurse recruitment event
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Hospice fundraiser seeks gift baskets
- 4:00pm 02/19/18Blood drive in Hamilton Feb. 23
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Women’s club meets Feb. 20