Social Security workshop Nov. 14 in Whitesboro
WHITESBORO — Retirement Solutions will present a free Social Security information workshop at Dunham Public Library, 76 Main St., at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 14 for pre-retirees ages 55 and older.
The same workshop will be offered at Hamilton Public Library, 13 Broad St., Hamilton, at 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13.
Today’s baby boomers can expect to spend more time in retirement given increased life expectancies. As a result, claiming one’s Social Security benefits is no longer a simple decision. For many retirees and their spouses, taking the time to properly evaluate this important financial decision can be a major step toward a more comfortable retirement, organizers said.
Topics covered include:
- When is the best time to claim benefits?
- How much money can one earn before getting penalized?
- Survivor benefits
- Recent changes in legislation and how they will impact benefits.
- Avoiding frequent claiming mistakes.
- Why Social Security is crucial to women.
The workshop is open to the public. There is no cost to attend. Advanced registration is required. Light refreshments will be served. To make a reservation, call the library at 315-736-9734.
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Cinema screens animated movie with all-star cast
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Pianist Laussade performs in Lee Center Tuesday
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Old Tyme Fiddlers’ Association hosts Season Kickoff Party May 27
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Players close season with ‘110 in the Shade’
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Ladies Night at View May 31
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Smokey Robinson set to perform at the NYS Fair
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Herkimer Home opens Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/23/18View offers ceramics workshop June 2
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge