Sign-up for AARP driving course
ORISKANY — AARP will offer a two-day Driver Safety Program, the Smart Driver, at Oriskany Public Library, 621 Utica St.
Sessions will be held 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 14 and Thursday, Feb. 15.
A reservation may be made by calling the library at 315-736-2532.
The course fees are: $25, or $20 for AARP members.
The two-day course takes into account several traffic problems that may confront experienced drivers. All sessions will be done with student workbooks, audio/visuals and classroom discussions pertinent to driver safety. Course participation is renewable once every three years by completing a “Refresher Course.”
Pre-registration is required as the class size is limited. A check or money order, made payable to “AARP,” should be mailed one week prior to the class to: Oriskany Public Library, P.O. Box 428 Oriskany, N.Y. 13424.
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Children’s Camp Lookout to hold Open House
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Regional Center for Wound Care earns national honors
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Women’s Health Open House Wednesday
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Medicare seminar Friday at Jervis Public Library
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26