Longtime Roman turns 100
Rosemary (Colella) Coccia of Glens Falls, formerly a Rome resident for 85 years, celebrated her 100th birthday at a restaurant in Glens Falls.
She was born on Dec 30, 1916.
Her five children attended. They are sons Philip of Marcellus, James of Glens Falls, and Stephen of Sylvan Beach, daughters Kathy in Pittsburgh, PA, and Elizabeth of Austin, Texas. Also attending were many of her eight grandchildren, six great-grandchildren.
She is the last surviving sibling of the 10 children of Donato and Vincenza Colella. Her husband, Sisto Coccia passed away in 1983. She is a resident of the Stanton Nursing and Rehab Center, 152 Sherman Ave, Glens Falls, NY 12801
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Nominations sought for Celebrating Life Event
- 4:00pm 09/19/17Parkinson’s Awareness Walk Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/18/17Diabetes adult support group meets Sept. 21
- 4:00pm 09/18/17Brain Aneurysm Awareness benefit dinner Sept. 24
- 4:00pm 09/18/17Off to a good start with healthy school lunches
- 4:00pm 09/18/17Caring for the caregiver class begins Oct. 4
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Officials warn threat of blue-green algae still lurks in lakes
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Turkey dinner in Westernville benefits mission projects
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Chicken and biscuits served in Westmoreland Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/16/17Bake and bag sales in Floyd