Longtime Roman turns 100
Rosemary (Colella) Coccia of Glens Falls, formerly a Rome resident for 85 years, celebrated her 100th birthday at a restaurant in Glens Falls.
She was born on Dec 30, 1916.
Her five children attended. They are sons Philip of Marcellus, James of Glens Falls, and Stephen of Sylvan Beach, daughters Kathy in Pittsburgh, PA, and Elizabeth of Austin, Texas. Also attending were many of her eight grandchildren, six great-grandchildren.
She is the last surviving sibling of the 10 children of Donato and Vincenza Colella. Her husband, Sisto Coccia passed away in 1983. She is a resident of the Stanton Nursing and Rehab Center, 152 Sherman Ave, Glens Falls, NY 12801
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Lawmakers, volunteer firefighters praise passage of legislation for cancer coverage
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Yoga for seniors, blood drive at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 06/21/17RACC offers basketry classes
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Croghan marks Ancestor Day
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Martha Deming, Barbara Kellogg exhibits open at View
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Jervis library book series explores history of Erie Canal
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Catherine Bennett’s art on display at Kallet
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Artist talk Saturday
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Battle of Oriskany event in Herkimer