Living healthy workshops offered
Living Healthy workshops on a variety of topics will be held by the county Office for the Aging and Continuing Care. All workshops are open to anyone over the age of 18, and are free.
Sessions are being planned to provide information about the program and to determine level of interest and to sign up. A minimum number of individuals must be achieved to schedule a six-week workshop.
To obtain dates and location of upcoming presentations, you may call Oneida County Office for the Aging/ Continuing Care at 315-798-5456.
Workshops are to be offered on:
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Diabetes Self-Management
- Chronic Pain Self-Management
- Active Living EveryDay
- Healthy Eating EveryDay
The Oneida County Living Healthy NY Program helps people with chronic disease, their caregivers and family members learn healthier ways to live, gain confidence and motivation to manage their health and feel more positive about life.
This program coordinates six-week workshops on an on-going basis throughout the year, and provides the participants with the tools needed to manage symptoms.
Participants will learn to communicate with health care professionals; set weekly goals for behavior change; problem solve; and use techniques to manage symptoms and pain as well as difficult emotions. In addition, participants discuss how to eat healthier and increase physical activity and generally feel more positive about life.
The workshops are designed to support and enhance disease specific education including arthritis, cancer, diabetes, fibromyalgia, COPD and obesity.
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Information available for dog owners about harmful algal blooms
- 4:00pm 07/26/1780-year-old photograph wins Gems honor
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Societies tell New Hartford history through images
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Library hosts ‘Good Morning Loon’ family event
- 4:00pm 07/26/17View Ice Cream Social Friday
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Tony Holtzman presents new book Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Teen talk, board games at Oneida library
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Children’s play at library Monday
- 4:00pm 07/26/17Jervis screens ‘The Battle of Oriskany’ Aug. 1 and 3
- 4:00pm 07/25/17Celebrates 45 years