Living healthy workshops offered
Living Healthy workshops on a variety of topics will be held by the county Office for the Aging and Continuing Care. All workshops are open to anyone over the age of 18, and are free.
Sessions are being planned to provide information about the program and to determine level of interest and to sign up. A minimum number of individuals must be achieved to schedule a six-week workshop.
To obtain dates and location of upcoming presentations, you may call Oneida County Office for the Aging/ Continuing Care at 315-798-5456.
Workshops are to be offered on:
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Diabetes Self-Management
- Chronic Pain Self-Management
- Active Living EveryDay
- Healthy Eating EveryDay
The Oneida County Living Healthy NY Program helps people with chronic disease, their caregivers and family members learn healthier ways to live, gain confidence and motivation to manage their health and feel more positive about life.
This program coordinates six-week workshops on an on-going basis throughout the year, and provides the participants with the tools needed to manage symptoms.
Participants will learn to communicate with health care professionals; set weekly goals for behavior change; problem solve; and use techniques to manage symptoms and pain as well as difficult emotions. In addition, participants discuss how to eat healthier and increase physical activity and generally feel more positive about life.
The workshops are designed to support and enhance disease specific education including arthritis, cancer, diabetes, fibromyalgia, COPD and obesity.
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Holiday service in Whitesboro Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gathering Thanksgiving Eve at St. John’s
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Christmas at the Corner Friday
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Mayor speaks at Ava Dorfman Senior Center
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Food $en$e sign-ups today
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Area happenings