Living healthy workshops offered
Living Healthy workshops on a variety of topics will be held by the county Office for the Aging and Continuing Care. All workshops are open to anyone over the age of 18, and are free.
Sessions are being planned to provide information about the program and to determine level of interest and to sign up. A minimum number of individuals must be achieved to schedule a six-week workshop.
To obtain dates and location of upcoming presentations, you may call Oneida County Office for the Aging/ Continuing Care at 315-798-5456.
Workshops are to be offered on:
- Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Diabetes Self-Management
- Chronic Pain Self-Management
- Active Living EveryDay
- Healthy Eating EveryDay
The Oneida County Living Healthy NY Program helps people with chronic disease, their caregivers and family members learn healthier ways to live, gain confidence and motivation to manage their health and feel more positive about life.
This program coordinates six-week workshops on an on-going basis throughout the year, and provides the participants with the tools needed to manage symptoms.
Participants will learn to communicate with health care professionals; set weekly goals for behavior change; problem solve; and use techniques to manage symptoms and pain as well as difficult emotions. In addition, participants discuss how to eat healthier and increase physical activity and generally feel more positive about life.
The workshops are designed to support and enhance disease specific education including arthritis, cancer, diabetes, fibromyalgia, COPD and obesity.
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Fiddlers Association concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Summer Showcase auditions June 26, 27 at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Donations accepted Friday at ‘Big Combo’ showing
- 4:00pm 06/22/17‘Apparition Hill’ about life and what comes after
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Trail Blazers-Jammers baseball game benefit for Relay for Life
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Drama based on Doctorow story
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Both movies held over at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Lawmakers, volunteer firefighters praise passage of legislation for cancer coverage
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Yoga for seniors, blood drive at Oneida library