Library offers senior yoga
ONEIDA — Certified Hatha and senior yoga instructor William Skinner will return to the Oneida Public Library with his weekly program, Yoga for Seniors, starting Tuesday, May 15 from 2-3 p.m.
The classes will meet regularly on Tuesdays at 2 p.m. in the library’s Meeting Room until further notice. Interested students should register at the OPL check-out desk, 220 Broad St., or by phone at 315-363-3050.
In the free yoga classes, Skinner will adapt yoga postures and breathing exercises as required to fit the physical needs of students. Beginners may adapt to his individualized approach for a strain-free exercise and relaxing experience.
Skinner earned a 200-hour certification in Hatha and senior yoga at the Savannah Yoga Center, Savannah, Ga., in 2013. He has since taught yoga classes to seniors in Georgia and at the Elder Center on the Oneida Indian Nation Territory as well as the OPL.
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Christmas House opens at Fusion Art & Gift Gallery
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Three Masters exhibit opens in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Talk tackles the prison state and education system
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Sunset Nursing hosts bazaar
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Ladies of the Dorf meet Nov. 30
- 4:00pm 11/20/18Alzheimer’s Awareness Breakfast Nov. 27
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Senior center to screen film ‘Sully’ Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Upstate Family Health Center adds to team
- 4:00pm 11/19/18Four added to MVHS medical staff
- 4:00pm 11/19/18November is Bladder Health Awareness Month