Library offers senior yoga
ONEIDA — Certified Hatha and senior yoga instructor William Skinner will return to the Oneida Public Library with his weekly program, Yoga for Seniors, starting Tuesday, May 15 from 2-3 p.m.
The classes will meet regularly on Tuesdays at 2 p.m. in the library’s Meeting Room until further notice. Interested students should register at the OPL check-out desk, 220 Broad St., or by phone at 315-363-3050.
In the free yoga classes, Skinner will adapt yoga postures and breathing exercises as required to fit the physical needs of students. Beginners may adapt to his individualized approach for a strain-free exercise and relaxing experience.
Skinner earned a 200-hour certification in Hatha and senior yoga at the Savannah Yoga Center, Savannah, Ga., in 2013. He has since taught yoga classes to seniors in Georgia and at the Elder Center on the Oneida Indian Nation Territory as well as the OPL.
- 4:00pm 09/24/18New doctor at Costello Eye Physicians
- 4:00pm 09/24/18September is Peripheral Arterial Disease Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Take action to protect your health
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Washington Mills MVHS adds nurse practitioner
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Take Steps Walk Sunday in Utica
- 4:00pm 09/24/18RMH offers free smoking cessation classes
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Blood drives Friday
- 4:00pm 09/24/18September as Brain Aneurysm Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Flashlight tours part of First Friday fun
- 4:00pm 09/22/18Understanding salvation is fundamental to spiritual growth