Library offers senior yoga
ONEIDA — Certified Hatha and senior yoga instructor William Skinner will return to the Oneida Public Library with his weekly program, Yoga for Seniors, starting Tuesday, May 15 from 2-3 p.m.
The classes will meet regularly on Tuesdays at 2 p.m. in the library’s Meeting Room until further notice. Interested students should register at the OPL check-out desk, 220 Broad St., or by phone at 315-363-3050.
In the free yoga classes, Skinner will adapt yoga postures and breathing exercises as required to fit the physical needs of students. Beginners may adapt to his individualized approach for a strain-free exercise and relaxing experience.
Skinner earned a 200-hour certification in Hatha and senior yoga at the Savannah Yoga Center, Savannah, Ga., in 2013. He has since taught yoga classes to seniors in Georgia and at the Elder Center on the Oneida Indian Nation Territory as well as the OPL.
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Cinema presents acclaimed anime movie ‘Spirited Away’
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Beatles classic on Cinema Capitol screen
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Fair marks 130 years with concert
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Nick Piccininni performs Friday
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Drive-in Night returns to the Capitol Theatre
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Dan Brubeck Quartet performs July 26
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Unity Hall screens ‘The Allman Brothers Band: Live at the Beacon Theatre’ Tuesday
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Hamilton International Film Festival starts Monday
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Lowville Village Band performs
- 4:00pm 07/19/18Sunset Party Cruise Sunday