Library offers senior yoga
ONEIDA — Certified Hatha and senior yoga instructor William Skinner will return to the Oneida Public Library with his weekly program, Yoga for Seniors, starting Tuesday, May 15 from 2-3 p.m.
The classes will meet regularly on Tuesdays at 2 p.m. in the library’s Meeting Room until further notice. Interested students should register at the OPL check-out desk, 220 Broad St., or by phone at 315-363-3050.
In the free yoga classes, Skinner will adapt yoga postures and breathing exercises as required to fit the physical needs of students. Beginners may adapt to his individualized approach for a strain-free exercise and relaxing experience.
Skinner earned a 200-hour certification in Hatha and senior yoga at the Savannah Yoga Center, Savannah, Ga., in 2013. He has since taught yoga classes to seniors in Georgia and at the Elder Center on the Oneida Indian Nation Territory as well as the OPL.
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Cinema screens animated movie with all-star cast
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Pianist Laussade performs in Lee Center Tuesday
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Old Tyme Fiddlers’ Association hosts Season Kickoff Party May 27
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Players close season with ‘110 in the Shade’
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Ladies Night at View May 31
- 4:00pm 05/24/18Smokey Robinson set to perform at the NYS Fair
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Herkimer Home opens Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/23/18View offers ceramics workshop June 2
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge