Library offers Driver Safety Program
ORISKANY — AARP will offer a two-day Driver Safety Program, the Smart Driver, co-sponsored by the Oriskany Public Library, 621 Utica St., on Wednesday and Thursday, Jan. 17 and 18.
Pre-registration by calling 315-736-2532 is required as class size is limited. Sessions will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. each day. Mail checks or money orders, made payable to “AARP” one week prior to the class to: Oriskany Public Library, P.O. Box 428, Oriskany, N.Y. 13424. The course fees are $25 or $20 for AARP members.
The two-day course takes into account several traffic problems that may confront experienced drivers. All sessions will be done with student workbooks, audio/visuals and classroom discussions pertinent to Driver Safety.
Course participation is renewable once every three years by completing a “Refresher Course.”
- 4:00pm 10/22/18MVHS offices add nurse practitioners
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Fly shot clinic in Deerfield Oct. 24
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Bone marrow drive Oct. 27
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Dispirito joins Chestnut Commons Physical, Occupational Therapy
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Blood donation opportunities in November
- 4:00pm 10/22/18Host ‘Dress Down Day’ to support Hospice
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Special service in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Cinema Capitol to host ‘out of this world’ double feature
- 4:00pm 10/20/18State to send $400,000 for UCP
- 4:00pm 10/20/18Jesus is the great unifier for all of us