Jervis offers Social Security retirement program March 14
Jervis Public Library, 613 N. Washington St., will host a Social Security retirement information program at 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 14 for pre-retirees wanting to make a more informed claiming decision.
Topics covered include:
- When is the best time to file for benefits?
- Navigating your way through the “new” Social Security rules.
- Choosing between worker and spousal benefits.
- How to maximize benefits.
The one-hour information program entitled, “Planning Your Social Security Retirement Income Strategy” is being presented as a community service by John N. Kalil Jr., financial coach and president of Retirement Solutions, LLC.
The event is free. Seating is limited with pre-registration required in advance. To make a reservation, call the library at 315-336-4570.
- 4:00pm 03/16/18Sign-up for April Food $en$e March 23
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Easter Bunny helps Lainey’s Army March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Drama depicts actress in her later years
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Dakota Fanning stars in ‘Please Stand By’
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Rattlin’ Bog performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Joseph Daley Tuba Trio performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Legion hosts St. Patrick’s Day event
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Pre-Easter fun day March 24
- 4:00pm 03/15/18Bunny Cares event Sunday