Jervis hosts Social Security Information Program
The Jervis Public Library will be hosting a Social Security retirement information program on Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 6 p.m. for pre-retirees wanting to make a more informed claiming decision.
Topics covered include:
- Choosing the best time to collect benefits
- Navigating the “new” Social Security rules
- The one question every retiree should know the answer to before collecting
- How to avoid critical filing mistakes
The hour long program entitled, “Getting Serious about Social Security” is designed to help individuals better prepare for the financial challenges of retirement given the potential for living longer.
The program is being offered as a public service by John N. Kalil, Jr., a Financial Advisor and the President of Retirement Solutions, LLC. The event is open to the public and there is no cost to attend. Seating is limited with pre-registration required in advance. To RSVP, please call the library at 315-336-4570.
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Grace Union offers choir event Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Capitol Theatre to host Tuba Christmas on Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Apartment project for seniors receives $10.8M loan
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Arc offers free concert Tuesday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Gifts hidden in plain sight
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas concert at St. Joseph’s Friday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Christmas pageant in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Advent Lessons and Carols Sunday
- 4:00pm 12/08/18Healing service in Westmoreland