Jervis hosts Social Security Information Program
The Jervis Public Library will be hosting a Social Security retirement information program on Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 6 p.m. for pre-retirees wanting to make a more informed claiming decision.
Topics covered include:
- Choosing the best time to collect benefits
- Navigating the “new” Social Security rules
- The one question every retiree should know the answer to before collecting
- How to avoid critical filing mistakes
The hour long program entitled, “Getting Serious about Social Security” is designed to help individuals better prepare for the financial challenges of retirement given the potential for living longer.
The program is being offered as a public service by John N. Kalil, Jr., a Financial Advisor and the President of Retirement Solutions, LLC. The event is open to the public and there is no cost to attend. Seating is limited with pre-registration required in advance. To RSVP, please call the library at 315-336-4570.
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Rome Community Theater to present six one-act plays
- 4:00pm 10/15/18New hours for church Clothing Closet
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Surgical specialists, sleep medicine practices moving
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Free breastfeeding class Oct. 17 at RMH
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Brain ‘functions’ and ‘dysfunctions’ topic of lecture
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Health conference features Operation Iraqi Freedom II vet
- 4:00pm 10/15/18RMH Pulmonary Rehabilitation Support Group meets Oct. 24
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Consequences for our choices
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Trinity Community Coffee House hosts The Cadleys Oct. 20
- 4:00pm 10/13/18Octoberfeast in Holland Patent