Jervis hosts Retirement Solutions workshop Sept. 20
Retirement Solutions will be presenting a free Social Security information workshop for pre-retirees age 55 and older at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 20 at Jervis Public Library, 613 N. Washington St.
There is no cost to attend. Advanced registration is required. Light refreshments will be served. To make a reservation, contact the library at 315-336-4570.
Today’s baby boomers can expect to spend more time in retirement given increased life expectancies. As a result, claiming one’s Social Security benefits is no longer a simple decision.
For several retirees and their spouses, taking the time to properly evaluate this important financial decision can be a major step toward a more comfortable retirement.
Topics covered include:
- When is the best time to claim benefits?
- How much money can one earn before getting penalized?
- Survivor benefits
- Recent changes in legislation and how they will impact benefits
- Avoiding frequent claiming mistakes
- Why Social Security is crucial to women
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Herkimer Home opens Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/23/18View offers ceramics workshop June 2
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Saranac Thursdays kick off with Rome band performing
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Put green waste in containers, city reminds residents
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Medicare and Medicaid workshop tonight in Utica
- 4:00pm 05/22/18RCIL hosts dinner to benefit senior program
- 4:00pm 05/22/18View offers Healing with Nature Workshop Wednesday
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Children’s Camp Lookout to hold Open House