Jervis hosts Retirement Solutions workshop Sept. 20
Retirement Solutions will be presenting a free Social Security information workshop for pre-retirees age 55 and older at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 20 at Jervis Public Library, 613 N. Washington St.
There is no cost to attend. Advanced registration is required. Light refreshments will be served. To make a reservation, contact the library at 315-336-4570.
Today’s baby boomers can expect to spend more time in retirement given increased life expectancies. As a result, claiming one’s Social Security benefits is no longer a simple decision.
For several retirees and their spouses, taking the time to properly evaluate this important financial decision can be a major step toward a more comfortable retirement.
Topics covered include:
- When is the best time to claim benefits?
- How much money can one earn before getting penalized?
- Survivor benefits
- Recent changes in legislation and how they will impact benefits
- Avoiding frequent claiming mistakes
- Why Social Security is crucial to women
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Foothills Rural Community Ministry schedules annual meeting
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Roast pork dinner January 28
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Dinner dance aids camping ministry, community outreach
- 4:00pm 01/20/18Jesus paid it all: What do we owe him?
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Oneida County Health Department performs food service inspections
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Capitol screens ‘All the Money in the World’
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Gibson Brothers perform Jan. 26
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Bluegrass jam Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Ultimate Aldean concert Saturday
- 4:00pm 01/18/18Riggies, Greens and Rock Sunday