Jervis hosts Retirement Solutions workshop Sept. 20
Retirement Solutions will be presenting a free Social Security information workshop for pre-retirees age 55 and older at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 20 at Jervis Public Library, 613 N. Washington St.
There is no cost to attend. Advanced registration is required. Light refreshments will be served. To make a reservation, contact the library at 315-336-4570.
Today’s baby boomers can expect to spend more time in retirement given increased life expectancies. As a result, claiming one’s Social Security benefits is no longer a simple decision.
For several retirees and their spouses, taking the time to properly evaluate this important financial decision can be a major step toward a more comfortable retirement.
Topics covered include:
- When is the best time to claim benefits?
- How much money can one earn before getting penalized?
- Survivor benefits
- Recent changes in legislation and how they will impact benefits
- Avoiding frequent claiming mistakes
- Why Social Security is crucial to women
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Embrace righteous life in receipt of God’s grace
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Church gathers gifts for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Rome pastors offer joint service Sunday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Thanksgiving bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Holiday service in Whitesboro Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Gathering Thanksgiving Eve at St. John’s
- 4:00pm 11/18/17Christmas at the Corner Friday
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Mayor speaks at Ava Dorfman Senior Center
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Food $en$e sign-ups today
- 4:00pm 11/17/17Area happenings