Jervis hosts Retirement Solutions workshop Sept. 20
Retirement Solutions will be presenting a free Social Security information workshop for pre-retirees age 55 and older at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 20 at Jervis Public Library, 613 N. Washington St.
There is no cost to attend. Advanced registration is required. Light refreshments will be served. To make a reservation, contact the library at 315-336-4570.
Today’s baby boomers can expect to spend more time in retirement given increased life expectancies. As a result, claiming one’s Social Security benefits is no longer a simple decision.
For several retirees and their spouses, taking the time to properly evaluate this important financial decision can be a major step toward a more comfortable retirement.
Topics covered include:
- When is the best time to claim benefits?
- How much money can one earn before getting penalized?
- Survivor benefits
- Recent changes in legislation and how they will impact benefits
- Avoiding frequent claiming mistakes
- Why Social Security is crucial to women
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Country singer to perform at MVCC
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Concert postponed
- 4:00pm 09/21/17NY awarded $3.5 million suicide prevention grant
- 4:00pm 09/21/17French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Kannapolis: A Moving Portrait concert Friday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17‘Out After Midnight’ with ‘The Villainess’
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Neal Caine and the Danny Sinoff Quintet perform Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Old Tyme Fiddlers’ hosts end of the season party Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Hamilton College screens award-winning film by alumnus
- 4:00pm 09/21/17‘Where’s Molly?’ screens in Cazenovia Sept. 27