Hospice support group to help those who have lost a parent
NEW HARTFORD — Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc., 4277 Middle Settlement Road, will host a free six-week support group for community members who have experienced the loss of a parent.
This group is a safe place to share feelings and experiences, ask questions, seek comfort or just listen, according to organizers, who added that it is a place to receive and give support.
The group will meet from 5:30-7 p.m. on Thursdays, Sept. 13, 20, 27, and Oct. 4, 11, and 18.
The loss of a parent is the most common form of bereavement in the country. Because of this, adult children often feel a sense of isolation and may feel an unspoken message that adult parental loss is less significant than other losses. No matter the age of a parent or where or how the death occurred, the grief felt by an adult child can be intense and overwhelming.
For more information or to register contact Licensed Medical Social Worker Adrian Bartholomeo at 315-735-6487, ext.1070, by Sept. 6.
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Celebrating 50 years
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Center offers trip to Lake George
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Golden anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Ladies club gathers Friday
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Cox family gathers in Verona
- 4:00pm 09/24/18New doctor at Costello Eye Physicians
- 4:00pm 09/24/18September is Peripheral Arterial Disease Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Take action to protect your health
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Washington Mills MVHS adds nurse practitioner
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Take Steps Walk Sunday in Utica