Hospice support group to help those who have lost a parent
NEW HARTFORD — Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc., 4277 Middle Settlement Road, will host a free six-week support group for community members who have experienced the loss of a parent.
This group is a safe place to share feelings and experiences, ask questions, seek comfort or just listen, according to organizers, who added that it is a place to receive and give support.
The group will meet from 5:30-7 p.m. on Thursdays, Sept. 13, 20, 27, and Oct. 4, 11, and 18.
The loss of a parent is the most common form of bereavement in the country. Because of this, adult children often feel a sense of isolation and may feel an unspoken message that adult parental loss is less significant than other losses. No matter the age of a parent or where or how the death occurred, the grief felt by an adult child can be intense and overwhelming.
For more information or to register contact Licensed Medical Social Worker Adrian Bartholomeo at 315-735-6487, ext.1070, by Sept. 6.
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Making the tough calls
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18All Denominations service Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Christmas at the Corner Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Church offers free meal Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday Bazaar Dec. 1 in Verona
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Thanksgiving service in Clinton
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark