GRANT PROJECT — Parking lot repaving at the Ava Dorfman Senior & Community Center, 305 E Locust St., will be funded by a $46,000 investment from The Community Foundation. (Photo submitted)
Grant to fund Dorfman upgrades
The Ava Dorfman Senior & Community Center has been given $46,000 by the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties to repave and repair its parking lot, and provide an air curtain for the outside handicapped access ramp.
The agencies aid the grant will help to ensure the safety of seniors as they visit the Center for activities, fitness classes or to attend the senior adult day program.
The repaving of the parking lot will allow seniors to safely walk to the building, especially in the wintertime. The air curtain will provide an 80 percent reduction of heat loss in the building at the handicapped ramp entrance.
“We are very pleased to have been awarded this very generous grant. Our main goal is to provide a safe environment for the seniors in our community; a place for activities or just socializing with friends. We greatly appreciate The Community Foundation’s help in making our facility a healthy and safe place for our seniors,” said Susan Streeter, executive director of The Ava Dorfman Senior & Community Center.
The mission at The Ava Dorfman Senior & Community Center is to provide advocacy, services and activities to adults age 50 and over in a safe and secure environment. Call Susan Streeter, Executive Director of the Center, at 315-337-8230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Since 1952, The Foundation has invested more than $55 million in Oneida and Herkimer counties. The Foundation partners with various local organizations to make impactful investments in core areas of need, including economic development, education, health, and arts and culture.
For information about The Foundation, visit www.foundationhoc.org or call 315-735-8212.
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Country singer to perform at MVCC
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Concert postponed
- 4:00pm 09/21/17NY awarded $3.5 million suicide prevention grant
- 4:00pm 09/21/17French drama highlights dances by acclaimed choreographer
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Kannapolis: A Moving Portrait concert Friday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17‘Out After Midnight’ with ‘The Villainess’
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Neal Caine and the Danny Sinoff Quintet perform Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Old Tyme Fiddlers’ hosts end of the season party Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/21/17Hamilton College screens award-winning film by alumnus
- 4:00pm 09/21/17‘Where’s Molly?’ screens in Cazenovia Sept. 27