GRANT PROJECT — Parking lot repaving at the Ava Dorfman Senior & Community Center, 305 E Locust St., will be funded by a $46,000 investment from The Community Foundation. (Photo submitted)
Grant to fund Dorfman upgrades
The Ava Dorfman Senior & Community Center has been given $46,000 by the Community Foundation of Herkimer & Oneida Counties to repave and repair its parking lot, and provide an air curtain for the outside handicapped access ramp.
The agencies aid the grant will help to ensure the safety of seniors as they visit the Center for activities, fitness classes or to attend the senior adult day program.
The repaving of the parking lot will allow seniors to safely walk to the building, especially in the wintertime. The air curtain will provide an 80 percent reduction of heat loss in the building at the handicapped ramp entrance.
“We are very pleased to have been awarded this very generous grant. Our main goal is to provide a safe environment for the seniors in our community; a place for activities or just socializing with friends. We greatly appreciate The Community Foundation’s help in making our facility a healthy and safe place for our seniors,” said Susan Streeter, executive director of The Ava Dorfman Senior & Community Center.
The mission at The Ava Dorfman Senior & Community Center is to provide advocacy, services and activities to adults age 50 and over in a safe and secure environment. Call Susan Streeter, Executive Director of the Center, at 315-337-8230 or email email@example.com for more information.
Since 1952, The Foundation has invested more than $55 million in Oneida and Herkimer counties. The Foundation partners with various local organizations to make impactful investments in core areas of need, including economic development, education, health, and arts and culture.
For information about The Foundation, visit www.foundationhoc.org or call 315-735-8212.
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Rising Stars classes start Saturday
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Four shows on exhibit at art center
- 4:00pm 03/22/17View seeks assistant art teacher
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Railway Historical Society lists season’s events
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Women’s suffrage program among events in Oneida Library
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Author discusses book on women’s suffrage
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Exhibitions showcase young and established
- 4:00pm 03/22/17Slate roofing workshop April 8
- 4:00pm 03/21/17Chronic pain added to medical marijuana list
- 4:00pm 03/21/17Low-income seniors face housing crisis