Four celebrate milestone birthdays
Things were downright centennial recently at the Mohawk Valley Health System Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, formerly St. Luke’s Home. That’s because four residents were saluted for turning 100 years of age or more.
The center, located on the St. Luke’s campus, honored four residents, Brenda Baldwin, Rocco DeRocco, Martha Pietsch and Mildred Rokeach of the Barton East unit, all celebrated their 100th birthday or higher.
The unit commemorated the birthdays with a luncheon attended by family members. The guests of honor chose their favorite meals for the occasion.
“We are so fortunate to have not one, but four centenarians living in our facility, and each one is still active in the life of the facility,” said Jacquelyn DeLuca, MVHS director of therapeutic recreation.
On the net: mvhealthsystem.org/rnc
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Local ministry seeks to spread message of love to community
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Donation to Rome Rescue Mission
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s Day service Sunday
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Women’s club meets May 22
- 4:00pm 05/19/18‘Beauty Secrets’ theme for meeting
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Church offers free meal May 26
- 4:00pm 05/19/18First Baptist hosts basement sale
- 4:00pm 05/19/18Importance of spring cleaning
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Cinema continues anime series with ‘Kiki’s Delivery Service’
- 4:00pm 05/17/18Cinema screens documentary exploring the life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg