TVS INSTALLED — Rome Memorial Hospital President/Chief Executive Officer David Lundquist and Rome Hospital Foundation Board President Brian Miller celebrate the donation of new televisions to Rome Memorial Hospital’s Residential Health Care Facility. (Photo submitted)
Foundation funds new TVs for residential health care unit
Rome Memorial Hospital’s Residential Health Care Facility was able to purchase new televisions for its residents with funds from Rome Hospital Foundation.
The foundation received contributions from the Stevens-Kingsley Fund of Rome Community Foundation and the family of Murari Gupta that helped to fund the new television purchase.
Recently, Rome Memorial Hospital’s cable provider upgraded the way cable television is delivered to the facility. With this change, the televisions previously used by residents would no longer work in the facility.
The resident facility’s 75 residents can now watch their favorite shows and programs on their new 32-inch televisions. For many of the nursing home residents, the television and favorite programs are an important part of their daily schedules.
“When the need arose for new televisions for the hospital’s nursing home residents, it was an easy decision on behalf of Rome Hospital Foundation’s Board of Directors to provide the funding,” said Brian Miller, foundation president. “We are appreciative to both the Stevens-Kingsley Fund of Rome Community Foundation and the family of Murari Gupta for their contributions to Rome Hospital Foundation. Their support helped make the purchase of the resident televisions possible.”
The 80-bed skilled nursing facility is located on the hospital’s third floor and provides long-term care, as well as short-term rehab and respite care programs.
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Oneida Zonta accepting award nominations
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Holiday brunch Tuesday at Hart’s Hill Inn
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Adirondack Community Chorus performs ‘Hope!’ concert Dec. 17
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Catholic Daughters donate to Loaves and Fishes
- 4:00pm 12/09/17STAND ALONE PIC 2017-12-07_LOC_durhamville_Baptist.jpg
- 4:00pm 12/09/17RSVP Senior Readers Group
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Women’s club meets Thursday
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Queen Village Christmas Dec. 16
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Concert Friday aids International Christian Centers for the Deaf
- 4:00pm 12/09/17Annual Choir Day Sunday