TVS INSTALLED — Rome Memorial Hospital President/Chief Executive Officer David Lundquist and Rome Hospital Foundation Board President Brian Miller celebrate the donation of new televisions to Rome Memorial Hospital’s Residential Health Care Facility. (Photo submitted)
Foundation funds new TVs for residential health care unit
Rome Memorial Hospital’s Residential Health Care Facility was able to purchase new televisions for its residents with funds from Rome Hospital Foundation.
The foundation received contributions from the Stevens-Kingsley Fund of Rome Community Foundation and the family of Murari Gupta that helped to fund the new television purchase.
Recently, Rome Memorial Hospital’s cable provider upgraded the way cable television is delivered to the facility. With this change, the televisions previously used by residents would no longer work in the facility.
The resident facility’s 75 residents can now watch their favorite shows and programs on their new 32-inch televisions. For many of the nursing home residents, the television and favorite programs are an important part of their daily schedules.
“When the need arose for new televisions for the hospital’s nursing home residents, it was an easy decision on behalf of Rome Hospital Foundation’s Board of Directors to provide the funding,” said Brian Miller, foundation president. “We are appreciative to both the Stevens-Kingsley Fund of Rome Community Foundation and the family of Murari Gupta for their contributions to Rome Hospital Foundation. Their support helped make the purchase of the resident televisions possible.”
The 80-bed skilled nursing facility is located on the hospital’s third floor and provides long-term care, as well as short-term rehab and respite care programs.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Hogwarts at Hamilton event Oct. 27 and 28
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Copper City Brewery hosts Tom Petty tribute band Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Drama features architecture of Columbus, Ind.
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Rising Stars presents ‘15 Miles on the Erie Canal’ Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Kenny G performs at The Stanley Nov. 5
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Chamber Music Society presents Trio con Brio Copenhagen
- 4:00pm 10/19/17CNY Zombie Prom aids Kallet
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Stanley hosts ‘A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder’
- 4:00pm 10/19/17Jazzin’ It Up at the Other Side Friday
- 4:00pm 10/19/17F.I.L.M. series kicks-off with tribute to David Shepard