Financial Exploitation of the Elderly workshop Sept. 17
SYLVAN BEACH — Adirondack Bank will host a free workshop on Financial Exploitation of the Elderly to be held at the Sylvan Beach American Legion on Monday, Sept. 17 from 5:30-6:45 p.m.
In the workshop, attendees will learn about some of the most common financial scams targeting seniors today. Seniors will find out how they can protect themselves or loved ones from being another statistic of financial fraud. Valuable resources and agencies throughout Oneida County will be there to present, including an open discussion and question-and-answer session.
- 5:30-5:50 p.m.: Presentation by Luke Davignon: Oneida County District Attorney’s Office.
- 5:50-6:10 p.m.: “Last Will and Embezzlement”: A 20-minute chilling account of how the senior population in this country is being victimized. The late Mickey Rooney is shown, as he was a real-life victim.
- 6:10-6:45 p.m.: Open discussion and Q&A with specialists from Oneida County Office of the Aging, and members of the Oneida County Elder Abuse Coalition, Oneida County District Attorney’s Office and Adirondack Bank.
Registration is not necessary but appreciated. Contact Roberta Bennett at Adirondack Bank at 315-762-4750.
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Making the tough calls
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Pre-order today for bake sale Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18All Denominations service Nov. 20
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday mass, dinner Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Christmas at the Corner Nov. 23
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Church offers free meal Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Holiday Bazaar Dec. 1 in Verona
- 4:00pm 11/17/18Thanksgiving service in Clinton
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark