Financial Exploitation of the Elderly workshop Sept. 17
SYLVAN BEACH — Adirondack Bank will host a free workshop on Financial Exploitation of the Elderly to be held at the Sylvan Beach American Legion on Monday, Sept. 17 from 5:30-6:45 p.m.
In the workshop, attendees will learn about some of the most common financial scams targeting seniors today. Seniors will find out how they can protect themselves or loved ones from being another statistic of financial fraud. Valuable resources and agencies throughout Oneida County will be there to present, including an open discussion and question-and-answer session.
- 5:30-5:50 p.m.: Presentation by Luke Davignon: Oneida County District Attorney’s Office.
- 5:50-6:10 p.m.: “Last Will and Embezzlement”: A 20-minute chilling account of how the senior population in this country is being victimized. The late Mickey Rooney is shown, as he was a real-life victim.
- 6:10-6:45 p.m.: Open discussion and Q&A with specialists from Oneida County Office of the Aging, and members of the Oneida County Elder Abuse Coalition, Oneida County District Attorney’s Office and Adirondack Bank.
Registration is not necessary but appreciated. Contact Roberta Bennett at Adirondack Bank at 315-762-4750.
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Celebrating 50 years
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Center offers trip to Lake George
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Golden anniversary
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Ladies club gathers Friday
- 4:00pm 09/25/18Cox family gathers in Verona
- 4:00pm 09/24/18New doctor at Costello Eye Physicians
- 4:00pm 09/24/18September is Peripheral Arterial Disease Awareness Month
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Take action to protect your health
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Washington Mills MVHS adds nurse practitioner
- 4:00pm 09/24/18Take Steps Walk Sunday in Utica