Dunham library hosts Social Security program
WHITESBORO — Dunham Public Library, 76 Main St., will host a Social Security retirement information program at 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 11 for pre-retirees wanting to make a more informed claiming decision.
The event is free. Seating is limited with pre-registration required. To make a reservation, call the library at 315-736-9734.
Topics covered will include:
- When is the best time to file for benefits?
- Navigating your way through the “new” Social Security rules?
- Choosing between worker and spousal benefits?
- How to get all of what you’re entitled to?
The hour program entitled, “Getting Serious about Social Security,” is designed to help individuals better prepare for the financial challenges of retirement given the potential for living longer.
The program is being offered as a public service by John N. Kalil Jr., financial coach and president of Retirement Solutions, LLC.
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spektral Quartet to perform at Hamilton College April 21
- 4:00pm 04/19/18MWPAI Concerts in the Court Hosts Tribute to Jazz Legend
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Out After Midnite presents Estonian fantasy
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Dark comedy ‘Death of Stalin’ on Cinema screen
- 4:00pm 04/19/18DuffleBag Theatre presents ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Spring Swing concert Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Polish Home hosts spaghetti dinner
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Masterworks Chorale performs with Symphoria
- 4:00pm 04/19/18Singer, Songwriter Showcase April 28
- 4:00pm 04/18/18Posthumous RACC exhibit honors Marilyn Schlueter