Dunham library hosts Social Security program
WHITESBORO — Dunham Public Library, 76 Main St., will host a Social Security retirement information program at 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 11 for pre-retirees wanting to make a more informed claiming decision.
The event is free. Seating is limited with pre-registration required. To make a reservation, call the library at 315-736-9734.
Topics covered will include:
- When is the best time to file for benefits?
- Navigating your way through the “new” Social Security rules?
- Choosing between worker and spousal benefits?
- How to get all of what you’re entitled to?
The hour program entitled, “Getting Serious about Social Security,” is designed to help individuals better prepare for the financial challenges of retirement given the potential for living longer.
The program is being offered as a public service by John N. Kalil Jr., financial coach and president of Retirement Solutions, LLC.
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Goat Yoga is baaaaack at Fort Rickey
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Coupons for seniors offered Friday at Farmer’s Market
- 4:00pm 07/17/18New York Mills school reunion slated for Aug. 4
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Sign-up for wine trail trip
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Dorfman to host fundraiser dinner
- 4:00pm 07/17/18Ladies breakfast club meets July 27
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Radiation Oncologist Michael Fallon joins staff at RMH Radiation Medicine
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Physical therapy professor honored
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Sign-up for Kundalini Yoga & Meditation at View
- 4:00pm 07/16/18Improved care coordination services available for those with disabilities