Dunham library hosts Social Security program
WHITESBORO — Dunham Public Library, 76 Main St., will host a Social Security retirement information program at 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 11 for pre-retirees wanting to make a more informed claiming decision.
The event is free. Seating is limited with pre-registration required. To make a reservation, call the library at 315-736-9734.
Topics covered will include:
- When is the best time to file for benefits?
- Navigating your way through the “new” Social Security rules?
- Choosing between worker and spousal benefits?
- How to get all of what you’re entitled to?
The hour program entitled, “Getting Serious about Social Security,” is designed to help individuals better prepare for the financial challenges of retirement given the potential for living longer.
The program is being offered as a public service by John N. Kalil Jr., financial coach and president of Retirement Solutions, LLC.
- 4:00pm 09/21/184-H Youth Participate in Vernon Downs Track Tour
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Fall planting class Tuesday
- 4:00pm 09/21/18Sign-up for October Food $en$e
- 4:00pm 09/20/18MVCC to present Emmy Award winning actor ‘One Love: An Evening with John Leguizamo’ Sept. 29
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ starts RCT season
- 4:00pm 09/20/18‘Dogumentary’ follows quest of puppy litter
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Jankiewicz performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18CNY Royalty and Rogues Festival comes to Stittville
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Capitol screens ‘Bad Reputation’ Wednesday
- 4:00pm 09/20/18Film ‘Bel Canto’ features voice of singer Renée Fleming