Dorfman receives Alzheimer’s Foundation grant
The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America has awarded grant funding to the Ava Dorfman Senior Center, 305 E. Locust St., to help expand services for local families affected by Alzheimer’s disease, including their Adult Day Care Program.
“AFA strongly believes in helping grassroots organizations provide the hands-on programs and services that help individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and related illnesses continue to live meaningful lives,” said Charles J. Fuschillo Jr., AFA’s president and chief executive officer. “We are proud to help the Ava Dorfman Senior Center further its efforts in serving the people of Oneida County and providing care to those in need.”
Ava Dorfman Senior Center provides programs, services and activities to active seniors in Oneida County. They have a wellness center which provides a variety of fitness programs including pilates, body sculpting, Tai Chi, yoga and Zumba.
They offer an Adult Day Care which allows individuals to remain independent in the community and active in the Senior Day Care Program with the goal of promoting their well-being. At the Day Care, programs and services include exercise, music therapy, memory stimulation, respite care and caregiver support groups.
“It is only through the generosity of foundations such as the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America that the center is able to carry out its mission to provide an active community for seniors to engage in programs and services that enhance and maintain independent and productive lives,” said Susan Streeter, executive director of the Ava Dorfman Center. “We are very thankful for the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America’s gift.”
AFA is able to provide vital services, like this grant, as a result of the generosity of individual contributions, sponsorships and fund-raising activities.
To help support these initiatives, go online to https://alzfdn.org/support-us/donate.
For more information about AFA membership and grant opportunities, visit http://www.alzfdn.org/AFAServices/aboutAFAgrants.html.
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Clinton Symphony Orchestra presents West Side Story with Charles Schneider July 1
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Church offers home-cooked meal
- 4:00pm 06/23/18Fleeting time — The half dimension
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Catholic Daughters aid hospital's Maternity Ward
- 4:00pm 06/22/18Root Farm begins second year of Community Supported Agriculture
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Utica Summer Fest start tonight
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Levitt Music Series starts June 25 in Utica
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Movie depicts real life art heist
- 4:00pm 06/21/18‘Tuesdays with Morrie’ on stage Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/21/18Benefit concert features The BBC Band