Donations needed for Betsy Ross Adopt-A-Wall program
Local organizers are working to make area nursing home rooms more pleasant through a new Adopt-A-Wall program.
Organizers are looking for donations of wall decor, vinyl wall art, sconces, clocks, bird feeders, bird seed, crosses, shelves, dry erase boards, mobiles, shepherd hooks, radios, sports photos, Command strips, soft tissues, Chapstick and quality bath wash for residents to help decorate their living spaces and make them feel more at home.
In memory of her father and former resident, Theresa Girouard has started the program and named “Mr. G’s Drop Off” at Old Rome City Hall, 207 N. James St., where area residents can drop off their donations of art and decor.
The program is starting by decorating rooms at the Betsy Ross facility in Rome and the Heritage Health Care Center at 1657 Sunset Ave., Utica, and Girouard said she is looking for other facilities in the county to expand the program. The program is also seeking a drop off place location in Utica.
For more information, to volunteer or to make a monetary donation toward the program, call Girouard at 315-338-1616.
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Herkimer Home opens Saturday
- 4:00pm 05/23/18View offers ceramics workshop June 2
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Unity Hall hosts author Chuck D’Imperio May 30
- 4:00pm 05/23/18Rome Art Association holds spring show in Old Forge
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Saranac Thursdays kick off with Rome band performing
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Put green waste in containers, city reminds residents
- 4:00pm 05/22/18Medicare and Medicaid workshop tonight in Utica
- 4:00pm 05/22/18RCIL hosts dinner to benefit senior program
- 4:00pm 05/22/18View offers Healing with Nature Workshop Wednesday
- 4:00pm 05/21/18Children’s Camp Lookout to hold Open House