Donations needed for Betsy Ross Adopt-A-Wall program
Local organizers are working to make area nursing home rooms more pleasant through a new Adopt-A-Wall program.
Organizers are looking for donations of wall decor, vinyl wall art, sconces, clocks, bird feeders, bird seed, crosses, shelves, dry erase boards, mobiles, shepherd hooks, radios, sports photos, Command strips, soft tissues, Chapstick and quality bath wash for residents to help decorate their living spaces and make them feel more at home.
In memory of her father and former resident, Theresa Girouard has started the program and named “Mr. G’s Drop Off” at Old Rome City Hall, 207 N. James St., where area residents can drop off their donations of art and decor.
The program is starting by decorating rooms at the Betsy Ross facility in Rome and the Heritage Health Care Center at 1657 Sunset Ave., Utica, and Girouard said she is looking for other facilities in the county to expand the program. The program is also seeking a drop off place location in Utica.
For more information, to volunteer or to make a monetary donation toward the program, call Girouard at 315-338-1616.
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Dan Vellone performs Friday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Nina’s Brew performs tonight
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Sesame Street visits NYS fair