Donations needed for Betsy Ross Adopt-A-Wall program
Local organizers are working to make area nursing home rooms more pleasant through a new Adopt-A-Wall program.
Organizers are looking for donations of wall decor, vinyl wall art, sconces, clocks, bird feeders, bird seed, crosses, shelves, dry erase boards, mobiles, shepherd hooks, radios, sports photos, Command strips, soft tissues, Chapstick and quality bath wash for residents to help decorate their living spaces and make them feel more at home.
In memory of her father and former resident, Theresa Girouard has started the program and named “Mr. G’s Drop Off” at Old Rome City Hall, 207 N. James St., where area residents can drop off their donations of art and decor.
The program is starting by decorating rooms at the Betsy Ross facility in Rome and the Heritage Health Care Center at 1657 Sunset Ave., Utica, and Girouard said she is looking for other facilities in the county to expand the program. The program is also seeking a drop off place location in Utica.
For more information, to volunteer or to make a monetary donation toward the program, call Girouard at 315-338-1616.
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Tractor safety course scheduled
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Diamond anniversary
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Celebrating 50 years
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Center offers flu shots Friday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Pancakes served Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Ladies breakfast club meets Oct. 26
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Evans descendants gather
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Dorfman hosts Psychic Fair
- 4:00pm 10/16/18Gardners of Rome gather at center
- 4:00pm 10/15/18Rome Community Theater to present six one-act plays