Donation provides bus for hospital
Rome Memorial Hospital’s Residential Health Care Facility was able to purchase a new bus for its residents with the help of a donation to Rome Hospital Foundation from the Mele Family Fund of The Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties.
The Residential Health Care Facility will use the new bus to transport its 75 residents to appointments and social outings in the Rome, Utica and Syracuse areas.
Residents are transported on the bus for outings that include ice cream, dinner and music in the park. During the fall and winter, they enjoy rides to look at the leaves, holiday lights, bowling and movies. The residents also utilize the bus for Senior Olympics, an annual trip to Lake Delta, fishing trips, picnics, the State Fair and various sensory rides.
The new vehicle provides residents with a safe and comfortable means of transportation, foundation officials said.
“We are very appreciative to the Mele Family Fund and The Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties for the donation to Rome Hospital Foundation to help purchase a new vehicle for the residents. This purchase allows us the opportunity to provide an excellent experience to those that rely on us for their care,” said Becky D’Aiuto, executive director of Rome Hospital Foundation.
Rome Memorial Hospital’s Residential Health Care Facility is an 80-bed skilled nursing facility which is located on the hospital’s third floor and provides long-term care, as well as short-term rehab and respite care programs. Recently the Residential Health Care Facility was named a top performing nursing home by the New York State Department of Health, the only such facility in Oneida County.
Rome Memorial Hospital Foundation provides vital philanthropic support to Rome Memorial Hospital. The Foundation is a separate 501 (c) (3) and an integral partner in the Hospital’s mission to provide quality healthcare with compassion. The Foundation accepts gifts on behalf of Rome Memorial Hospital and works to fund both present and future equipment and program needs.
Rome Memorial Hospital (RMH) provides care to over 100,000 residents of our community, regardless of their ability to pay.
The role of the Foundation is to continue to provide support to Rome Memorial Hospital so it may enhance quality care while ensuring excellence in all aspects of healthcare delivery.
On the net: http://www.romehospital.org/Foundation.aspx
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Fiddlers Association concert Sunday
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Summer Showcase auditions June 26, 27 at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Donations accepted Friday at ‘Big Combo’ showing
- 4:00pm 06/22/17‘Apparition Hill’ about life and what comes after
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Trail Blazers-Jammers baseball game benefit for Relay for Life
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Drama based on Doctorow story
- 4:00pm 06/22/17Both movies held over at Cinema Capitol
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Lawmakers, volunteer firefighters praise passage of legislation for cancer coverage
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Theaters of Rome program Friday at First Prebyterian
- 4:00pm 06/21/17Yoga for seniors, blood drive at Oneida library