Diabetes management class starts Friday
Ava Dorfman Senior Center, 305 E. Locust St., will host a free six-week Diabetes Self-Management Class on Fridays beginning Feb. 16.
The course will meet for 2 1/2 hours, once a week, on Fridays, from 1-2:30 p.m. The class is designed to help people with Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes. It builds on the Chronic Disease Self-Management Class, which ends Feb. 9, while putting more emphasis on diabetes. Participants will receive a book and CD to use during class.
Ten people must be registered for the class. To participate, sign up at the office or call the center at 315-337-8230.
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Women’s club meets Feb. 20
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Stone Soup event aids food pantry
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Church offers free meal Feb. 24
- 4:00pm 02/17/18Non Nobis Domine: The Glory belongs to God
- 4:00pm 02/16/18Sign-up for March Food $en$e Feb. 23
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Acclaimed teen pianist performs Sunday at Colgate
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Andrew Collins Trio performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Cinema screens Daniel Day-Lewis’ likely final film
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 02/15/18Cartoon Madness returns to Capitol Theatre