Diabetes management class starts Friday
Ava Dorfman Senior Center, 305 E. Locust St., will host a free six-week Diabetes Self-Management Class on Fridays beginning Feb. 16.
The course will meet for 2 1/2 hours, once a week, on Fridays, from 1-2:30 p.m. The class is designed to help people with Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes. It builds on the Chronic Disease Self-Management Class, which ends Feb. 9, while putting more emphasis on diabetes. Participants will receive a book and CD to use during class.
Ten people must be registered for the class. To participate, sign up at the office or call the center at 315-337-8230.
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Oneida Community Mansion House offers free admission Saturday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘A People’s History of Utica’ Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18‘Books and Bordeaux’ event Friday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Glass art classes start this week at View
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry workshop Thursday
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Poetry reading, workshop Sept. 27
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Underground Railroad topic of lecture Sept. 26
- 4:00pm 09/19/18Historical society hosts author Sandra Salm
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Lecture at MVCC rescheduled
- 4:00pm 09/18/18Celebrating 50 years