Dementia, Alzheimer’s event Wednesday
Effective Communication Strategies for Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease will be presented at Ava Dorfman Senior & Community Center, 305 E. Locust St., from 1-2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12.
Attendees will explore how communication takes place when someone has Alzheimer’s, learn to decode the verbal and behavioral messages delivered by someone with dementia, and identify strategies to help connect and communicate at each stage of the disease.
Registration is required by calling 315-617-4025, ext. 100.
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Workshop in Utica Tuesday on buying a home
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion
- 4:00pm 11/10/18The Clothing Closet seeks donations
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Local collection sites announced for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Gratitude luncheon Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/10/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Ecumenical service in Oneida Nov. 18
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Anti-bullying event Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Harvest theme lunch Nov. 15
- 4:00pm 11/10/18The faith of a veteran