Couple marks golden anniversary
Mr. and Mrs. Edward Taraszkiewicz, Seville Drive, marked their 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday, July 29, 2018, at Sleepy Hollow Country Club, at a party hosted by their daughters.
Taraszkiewicz and the former Kathleen Savard were married on July 20, 1968 in the chapel of Otis Air Force Base in Cape Cod, Mass.
Taraszkiewicz retired as SMSgt in the Air Force after 20 years of service. He worked for 25 years at Birnie Bus Service as the director of Adult Special Needs Transportation. Mrs. Taraszkiewicz was employed for 28 years as a teaching assistant in the Rome City School District.
They are the parents of Tammara (Christopher) Behonick, Vestal; Dawn (Richard) Ashline, West Chazy; and Alicia (Norman) Gagnon, Swedesboro, N.J. They have five grandchildren.
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Workshop in Utica Tuesday on buying a home
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Historian to recount tale of WWI Lost Battalion
- 4:00pm 11/10/18The Clothing Closet seeks donations
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Local collection sites announced for Operation Christmas Child
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Gratitude luncheon Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/10/18AREA CHURCH SERVICES
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Ecumenical service in Oneida Nov. 18
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Anti-bullying event Wednesday
- 4:00pm 11/10/18Harvest theme lunch Nov. 15
- 4:00pm 11/10/18The faith of a veteran