Center offers flu shots Friday
Rome Memorial Hospital will be administering seasonal flu shots at the Ava Dorfman Center’s annual Community Services Expo, 305 E. Locust St., Friday, Oct. 19.
The flu shots will be available between 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Expo, which runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Cost of the flu shot is $25. Medicare/Medicaid will be billed for those who bring their card. No appointment is required to get the shot. The vaccine is not recommended for those allergic to eggs. People with a history of Guillain-Barre Syndrome should check with their physician before receiving the vaccine. Shots will be administered only to those over age 18.
In addition to the flu shots, Rome Hospital will also offer a free blood pressure screening from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Participants can also visit Rome Memorial Hospital’s booths for health and wellness information including:
- Advanced directives and health care proxy information
- Community health resources for individuals and caregivers
- Senior Behavioral Health
- Where to find help for a wound that isn’t healing
Recognized as a leader in senior services, Rome Hospital has earned special recognition as a NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Health system Elders) facility for providing exceptional care for older adult patients. Meet Program Director Registered Nurse Nancy Vaccaro at the Expo and learn more about the hospital’s mission to become a Senior Center of Excellence.
“Our mission is to provide compassionate and connected care across the continuum to enhance the well being and quality of life for our older adults, their caregivers, and the community we serve,” Vaccaro explained. “I will be at the Expo to provide information and education for individuals, families and caregivers.”
The Community Services Expo is an annual program of the Ava Dorfman Center. RMH will participate with more than 25 other local agencies/businesses to provide health and wellness information for individuals age 50 and older.
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Documentary offers ‘food for thought’
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Cinema presents Academy Award contender from Denmark
- 4:00pm 11/15/1815th Annual MV Latino Association Gala Saturday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Irish music session Tuesday
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Clinton to kick off Shoppers’ Stroll and Holiday Parade Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Charity beer, wine tasting Nov. 30
- 4:00pm 11/15/18Visit Hamilton for the Holidays
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View offers holiday stained glass, glass fusing classes
- 4:00pm 11/14/18View hosts Christmas on Main Street event Nov. 23-24
- 4:00pm 11/14/18Upcoming events at MWPAI include quartet concert, Victorian Yuletide