Celebrating 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. Stan Evans, West Thomas Street, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Tuesday, July 24, 2018, at the Teugega Country Club at a party hosted by their children.
Evans and the former Gail Kenney were married on Aug. 17, 1968 in the Zion Episcopal Church.
Evans worked for 33 years as a physical education teacher in the Rome City School District, retiring in 1996. He also spent 50 years coaching basketball, baseball and officiating football. Mrs. Evans was employed as a teacher in the Rome City School District for three years, and was the owner of and a pre-school teacher at Time for Tots Nursery School for 40 years, retiring in 2010.
They are the parents of Steven (Kara) Evans, Fayetteville; and Kristen (Wayne) Guymon, Coronado Island, Calif. They have three grandchildren.
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Fair Trade Shop in Clinton offers bread warmers
- 4:00pm 10/19/18Sign-up for November Food $en$e Oct. 26
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Ghost and Toast to premier Saturday at Capitol Theater
- 4:00pm 10/18/18‘Love Loss and What I Wore’ to be performed in Utica
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Folk a guitar coffeehouse concert Friday in Clinton
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Gryphon Trio performs Sunday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18View hosts pancake breakfast, open house
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Cincinnati Creek performs Saturday
- 4:00pm 10/18/18‘Adventures of Tom Sawyer’ opens Oct. 26 at Players of Utica
- 4:00pm 10/18/18Free Big Band concert Sunday