Betrus to speak at VRS’ Senior Health & Wellness Fair
HERKIMER — Lisa M., Betrus, president of Valley Health Services and Valley Residential Services, will be a featured speaker at VRS’ Senior Health & Wellness Fair: Boardwalk to Better Health on Thursday, April 26 at Herkimer College.
Betrus is scheduled to speak at noon in conference room CC282/283 in the Robert McLaughlin College Center. Her talk, Should We Stay or Should We Go?: What Housing Options are Right for You, is for anyone struggling to answer such questions as:
• Are you at the point in your life where you may be considering alternative living arrangements?
• Are you caring for aging parents who need more support in terms of daily living care?
Betrus will explore the array of care and options available today from services to allow someone to remain in their home to the various levels of care available outside the home. She will outline how to determine what level of care is needed and how to access care and services. This session is essential for anyone trying to make sense of the confusing industry of senior care.
Under Betrus’ leadership at VHS, the greater Herkimer area now benefits from palliative care and a wide range of inpatient and outpatient rehabilitative services including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, lymphedema management and osteoporosis management as well as cardiac rehabilitation. Her most recent accomplishment was establishing Herkimer County’s only licensed, Enriched Housing/Assisted Living facility, opening its doors to the first residents in March 2015.
Betrus is a licensed Nursing Home Administrator and earned a master’s degree in Business Administration from Sage Graduate School and a bachelor’s of science degree in Health Services Administration from Ithaca College. She serves on numerous local boards including The Stanley Theater, Little Falls Hospital and At Home Care.
To attend Betrus’ session, make a reservation with Kim Todd, Valley Health Services, at 315-866-3330, ext. 2223, or by email at email@example.com.
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Kenwood Library hosts Gold Rush Day
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Children: Investment for the future
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Mount Calvary marks anniversary
- 4:00pm 08/18/18Service and picnic Sunday in Oriskany
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Rock the Cap benefit Saturday
- 4:00pm 08/17/18Free cabaret at Stanley to feature high school students
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Documentary tells the story of triplets separated at birth
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Final performance of the summer for Boonville Concert Band
- 4:00pm 08/16/18View hosts Sweetback Sisters
- 4:00pm 08/16/18Three showings for Fright Night at Cinema Capitol