Alzheimer’s Association lists meetings for March, April
The Alzheimer’s Association, Central New York Chapter welcomes those impacted by Alzheimer’s disease or other dementia to attend one of its support groups that meet throughout the region.
Support groups are a community of peers that exist to support one another. The peer- or professionally-led groups for individuals, caregivers and others dealing with Alzheimer’s disease or a related form of dementia.
Caregiver support groups promote an open forum of sharing and discussion among people facing many of the same issues. The group’s power rests within its members’ ability to show compassion, develop strategies and empower its members to provide the highest quality care possible.
Early-stage support groups provide peer-to-peer conversation and support for individuals specifically diagnosed in the disease’s early stages. Groups are open to the individual with the disease and the caregiver, and advanced screening is recommended prior to attending by calling the number listed with the support group.
Additionally, the chapter offers support groups for LGBT caregivers, caregivers of those with younger-onset Alzheimer’s disease and Spanish-speaking caregivers. See the listing for specific locations.
All support groups are free to attend and are facilitated by trained individuals. For more information, call 1-800-272-3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming meetings include:
Early-Stage Support Groups
Whitesboro: Dunham Public Library, 76 Main St. #78, second Monday of the month, March 12 and April 9.
Clinton: Brookdale Clinton, 115 Brookside Road, last Wednesday of the month at 1 p.m., March 28 and April 25.
Rome: Rome Memorial Hospital, 1500 N. James St., Room 101, second Tuesday of the month at 5 p.m., March 13 and April 10.
Little Falls: Little Falls Community and Senior Center, 524 E. Main St., second Thursday of the month at 6 p.m. March 8 and April 12.
Lowville: Lewis County Office for the Aging, 7550 S. State St., third Thursday of the month at 10 a.m., March 15 and April 19.
Canastota: Madison County Office for the Aging, 138 Dominic Bruno Blvd., third Friday of the month at 10 a.m., March 16 and April 20.
- 4:00pm 03/23/18Gardeners group meets Monday
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Registration begins for Rising Stars
- 4:00pm 03/22/18RACC announces 2018 At Home in the ArtHouse concert series
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Josh Hartnett stars in Japanese-American comedy
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Easter Egg Hunt March 30 in Sherrill
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Director Tarkovsky’s final film at ‘Out After Midnite’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Tickets on sale Friday for MercyMe
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Post honors vet with dance
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Cinema presents western film ‘Hostiles’
- 4:00pm 03/22/18Rockin’ the Redhouse Friday in Syracuse