RCT to hold auditions for Evening of One Acts
Rome Community Theater, 8911 Turin Road, will hold auditions for its annual Evening of One Act Plays program Monday and Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the theater.
Directors will audition for the following short plays:
• “Tracks” (four men, six women) by Peter Tarsi. A group of strangers from different cities meet in a dirty subway with limited personal items, stopped watches and no way out.
They are all dead and after much reflection, must decide to stay and ponder their fate, or have faith and climb aboard to their final destination — heaven or hell?
• “Nano Romance” (one man, one woman) by George Bryjak. Boy and girl meet, fall madly in love and plan to marry. Boy and girl discuss their future, fall out of love and go their separate ways, all in five minutes.
• “Five Ex-wives in ICU” (one man, six women) by Linda Thorsen Bond. Brandon LaPorte is in a coma in ICU. His ex-wives have come from all over the Southwest because it seemed wrong not to. Perhaps they are here because they wonder about the other women who were foolish enough to marry him.
• “Lemonade” (two women) by James Prideaux. A pair of Peoria matrons seeking respite from the doldrums of middle age by selling spiked lemonade to highway travelers while trading drinks and fantasies they have concocted to brighten their dull lives.
• “The Last Trip” (one man, two women) by Mike Willis. An elderly couple with terminal health problems embark on a last trip together.
The play is described as a heartfelt look at the power of true love.
• “DMV Tyrant” (two people) by Christopher Durang. Simple sketch about a man/woman trying to renew his license at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
• “Soccer Mamas” (two men, two women) by Carrie Printz. Carlotta and Ivy are sitting on the sideline of a soccer field, watching Joey and Billy play as they exchange thoughts, dreams and life stories.
An Evening of One Act Plays will be presented Oct. 27 and 28.