Motorists urged to be on guard for construction projects
Construction operations on Route 825 between Ellsworth Road and the bridge over the Mohawk River continues, according to the weekly construction report issued by the state Department of Transportation.
Motorists there will encounter miscellaneous construction operations with north and south bound lane closures due to work on the roundabouts.
Also in Rome, there will be a south bound right lane closure on Route 26 over Martin Street due to bridge joint repairs.
There are also projects in Utica, including:
- Burrstone Road eastbound between Champlin and Lincoln avenues. Eastbound traffic has been reduced to one lane with a traffic pattern shift. Signed detours are in place as well as westbound.
- The Route 5/8/12 north ramp to Burrstone Road. Motorists will only be able to turn right. Motorists are being detoured to use the French Road exit while the Burrstone Road eastbound ramp to Route 5/8/12 north will be closed. A signed detour is in place.
- Route 5/8/12 between Oswego Street and French Road. Motorists will encounter north and south bound lane closures due to bridge deck work. Delays are expected.
- Route 5A between Schuyler Street and Whitesboro Street. Motorists will encounter east and west bound lane closures with a speed limit reduction of 30 mph due to water main installations.
- On Route 5S between Broadway and Broad Street, there will be daily lane closures in both directions. At Broad Street, the full westbound lane closures with detours due to night construction work will take place Sunday through Wednesday.
- On Route 5S at John Street, Wednesday through Friday, motorists will encounter full eastbound lane closures due to night construction.
Elsewhere in Oneida County:
- In Deerfield, there will be one-way alternating traffic due to road work on Route 8 between Route 12 and North Gage Road.
- Route 840 in the towns of New Hartford and Whitestown between Route 5 and Halsey Road. Motorists will encounter east and west bound lane closures due to roadwork.
- In Forestport, Route 28 over Kayuta Lake will have one-way alternating traffic due to bridge painting.
- In Prospect, Route 365 between Prospect Depot Road and Stockhauser Lane will have one-way alternating traffic with a temporary signal.
In the City of Oneida and Town of Vernon, Route 365A between Route 5 and Route 365 will have one-way alternating traffic with flaggers due to milling operations.
In the Town of Ilion, there will be rehabilitation work on the Route 51 bridge between Route 5 and Route 5S, though there will be no lane closures at this time.