Government offices, banks to close for Presidents’ Day
Many government offices and businesses will be closed Monday to mark the federal Presidents’ Day holiday.
Among the offices, agencies and programs set to be closed for the day include:
• City and county offices will be closed for the holiday;
• Most area schools will be closed on Monday, which will be the first day of mid-winter break for local school districts;
• Post offices will be closed on Monday. The lobby in Rome is open 24 hours a day for box holders and to purchase stamps from machines;
• All banks will be closed as will the New York Stock Exchange;
• Jervis Public Library, 613 N. Washington St., will be closed Sunday as well as Monday for Presidents’ Day;
• The City of Sherrill offices will be closed Monday, and the city’s normal garbage pick-up will be Tuesday, Feb. 20.
But not everything will be shuttered on Monday.
• Centro Bus Service has regular route services on Monday;
• The collection schedule for garbage in Rome is unaffected because it takes place Tuesday through Friday;
• The Daily Sentinel will publish Monday; and
• The Capitol Theatre will begin its annual Cartoon Madness event on Monday, with works featuring Bugs Bunny.